Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] I think that Mouse input is my problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2010 10:12 Edited at: 29th May 2010 10:53
G'day Guys,

Was buggering around with a sort of level editor I am trying to put together, and came up with an odd result.

Basically every time I left click or right click to raise and lower my terrain, the camhead# and campitch# variables get reset to their defaults. All of the other camera variables, (the target positions and camera range) behave as normal

I *think* that it has something to do with the way that the mouse inputs are updated every loop, but I am at a loss to explain why. If anyone has any clues it would be appreciated

At the moment my main loop looks like:

This is the mouseinput code:

and this is my camera control routine:

(I have left out the raiselevel and lowerlevel functions for this post, as they dont have any mouse or camera commands in them.)

*edit*

yeah, well, you know how "I have left out the raiselevel and lowerlevel functions for this post, as they dont have any mouse or camera commands in them." ?

Well, they do contain object creation commands, and I cunningly left out the 'autocam off' command at the top, so every time they were called the camera reset itself

A mod can lock or delete this post at will! (hide my noobishness please!)

This is not the Sig you are looking for....
Inflictive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 06:26
I've had some problems like that, try mousemovex and mousemovey instead. Just a suggestion.

*´¨;
¸.•´¸.•*´¨; ¸.•*¨;
(¸.•´ (¸.Eviljackson1
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
....instead of the mousemovex and mousemovey I am already using?

This is not the Sig you are looking for....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:28:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:28:58