Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3d Models run as Admin only?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, here is an odd one for you.

Decided to make a few 3d models and place them into my project, game compiles as it should and runs. Yet if I copy release .Exe the project starts, yet crashes upon loading my first model, I know this because I have loading screen with percentages.

Now what's odd here is I just by the off chance chose run exe as an administrator and the project loaded in just fine, any reason for this?

Cheers Moops
Moops
Years of Service
User Offline
just to add tot his, prior to using models I do have audio and image files already loading into the project just fine.

Cheers

Moops
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 30th May 2010 17:03
i guess it depends on memory usage or something have no idea.. but if it works with admin rights , then whats the problem ? most games require admin rights
pirogoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 05:26
@haliop Thats pretty bad advice actually. OS's are moving more and more towards a system with proper user permissions. Users having read only access to the Program Files directory for example. Most games produced these days also take that into account and handle it properly. You should never, under any circumstances, be required to run a game under a root or Administrator level account.

@moops Well first of all, what OS are you running? XP? Vista? Win 7?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 11:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 11:24:02