Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / windows 7 compatibility with executables...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 05:58 Edited at: 31st May 2010 05:58
i need help getting my dark basic pro executables to work with windows 7. i keep getting the error message "Failed to load (2: DBProbasic3ddebug.dll)" or "Failed to load (3: DBProimagedebug.dll)". i have installed the directx_feb2010_redist, which i THINK has directx 9.0c, and i have installed directx_9c_redist, which is directx 9.0c, but on the microsoft site it doesen't say it's windows 7 compatible.

I have also added d3drm.dll to BOTH the system32 and systemWOW64 folders, and i STILL GET THOSE FREAKIN ERROR MESSAGES! please help.

ps. i tried the same programs on an XP computer, and after installing d3dx9_31 and _35.dll, they worked fine, and the other error messages went away.
pps.if you need more info please say so.

*´¨;
¸.•´¸.•*´¨; ¸.•*¨;
(¸.•´ (¸.Eviljackson1
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Are these exe's from within your programs folder? Try making a new folder on your main c: root and running stuff from its own directory from there. It may be a security issue. Win 7 is a pain in the ass with it.
Most of my current projects are in c:\DBprojects for instance rather than in DB's folder.
It may be just you DB is messed up of course. Unistall everything and reinstall to be sure.
If it is simply exes not working on other systems it will be a DX problem, it always is. Or just a bug with that configuration, rare, but still happens(onboard video can have issues mainly).

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:15:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:15:48