Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Emitter will not show up when camera is not in certain positions/angles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 08:46
So i'm trying to make a simple room filled with fire as an obstacle in a fps i'm working on, and i'm using physX phy make fire emitter command. However, if i position this emitter ANYWHERE else than 0,0,0...the emitter will not render unless my camera looks at certain angles (which i really cant explain). Whats the problem? Any help in advance will be apreciated

A Beagle

eat the pixelated shotgun
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having that same problem.
Still haven't found a fix for it, but it happens with cloth objects too.

The Pokemon Engine is still alive.
A beagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 05:56
actually what i noticed is it seems like is that it has a feature that makes it not render when the emitter is at the edge of the screen xy coordinates, and when you move the emitter the emitters idea of xy coordinates are set as if the camera was still infront of it (this is just a thought)

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 13:38 Edited at: 1st Jun 2010 14:04
Seems the emitter is made up of an Object with a number of vertexes equal to the particle number. On creation this Object has it's set coordinates (seems to be world position 0,0,0). Then the vertexes are projected on the position of hidden physics spheres that are made in the engine and the facing is updated to the camera alignment.

What happens when the emitter position is outside the screen coordinates is that the DBP engine automatically culls the emitter Object, effectively excluding all vertexes in the process and the particles disappear.

This means that the emitters Parent Object position must be in the visible screen to to work.

I made this function to use instead of "Phy Set Emitter Position"

Edit:
The "Set Object Radius" was added as the particles will disappear if the emitter object is on the very edge of the screen. Actually it should work by just adding that command on creation . Well one can use suspenders with a belt

Regards
A beagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 22:02
Thank you very much Duke, this fixed the problem.

A Beagle

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:06:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:06:45