Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / d3drm.dll solution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this is the correct place for this or even if anyone else is having this problem, but I thought I'd share.

I received 3D Game Maker today and couldn't get it runnning. I've had problems gettings a few other things running as well because they all said they couldn't find d3drm.dll

Well,
I fount it !

go to your c drive and search for dxnt.cab
I found quite a few on my c drive
dxnt.cab came with Sacred Gold, Supreme Commander 2, Mass Effect, Silverfall and a few other games

so I used winrar (a shareware unzip program) to show me all the files in the dxnt.cab file

There it was - d3drm.dll
so I unzipped it, put it in
C:\Windows\SysWOW64
cause I'm running vista 64 home premium
and now everything works

I found a bunch of links to the dll on the web but I didn't trust any of them. I'm sure they're all full of trojans and viruses.

This way I know I'm getting a real version of the dll.

I'm guessing the reason it never got unzipped and installed in the first place was because this dll is for Windows NT, but I have Vista, so the game's installers must have only installed dlls that were Vista compatible but left out the NT dlls.

But manually unzipping it and putting it in the folder seems to be working so far.

So I hope this helps others.
sneaky smith12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2010 20:39
Solved my problem with Windows 7 64 bit (builder's edition thing). Thanks

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 13:16
Alternatively, you could just download the zip file attached to the first post in this forum thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147790&b=10

3D Gamemaker was made in DB Classic (if I remember correctly), so you can choose to place the d3drm.dll in either the approrpiate Windows sytsem folder, or in the same folder as the 3d gamemaker's EXE.

Any games you make (as standalone exe's) will need this dll as well, so if you ever need to run it on another computer you'll have to include a copy of the d3drm.dll in the same folder as the game exe.

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:24:14