Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I change the icon of my DarkGDK application/game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been researching it for a few hours now, and all I've come up with are complex ten-part tutorials showing how to draw a window from scratch (without DarkGDK) and thus how to set the icon in the process. But is there any way to simply set the icon without drawing up the stupid window from scratch?

neguz
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 00:58
You have to create a resource file with the icon in it. I recommend ResEdit. It will output a .rc and a .h file. Put those two files in the same folder as your projects Main.cpp file. Then just include the .h header file.

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
StaticSD
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah... well, that was a lot easier than I thought. ResEdit is a lot simpler to work with than it first looked, too. Got it on my first try. Thank you!!

neguz
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 12:53 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2010 12:53
Yeah, I really like ResEdit. It will help you a lot, for example when your working with Windows menus and dialogs. Especially because the Express Edition of Visual Studio doesn't have a resource editor...
You can even set ResEdit as your default resource editor inside Visual Studio so a click in your project explorer is enough to have the full resource functionality at hand

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 15:00
or simply create a resource.rc file and place it in your project (with the cpp files or whatever), then do the following:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:47:38
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:47:38