Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Text Sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I created my own text sprite sheet and Im not sure how to get the background color to not show when displayed on the game. I just started using DARK GDK so Im pretty rusty. Im comparing off the tutorial Dark Invaders and the sprite sheets used for that are a little different. The thumb nail views show the backgrounds to be white, but when opening them they display as black. Anyone got any pointers? Thanks

"Wisemen say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - Michaelangelo
Cuddle Bunniezzz 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 04:41
Use dbSetImageColorKey(255, 255, 255).

I would though suggest downloading a copy of Paint.NET:
http://www.getpaint.net/
And changing all that white to alpha, then save it as a .png file.

You won't then have to worry about Color Keys when loading up sprites.

http://www.darkgdk.us/ <- You can now submit pages, upload images, yet were lacking content. We need your help!
Pog Mo Hone
Years of Service
User Offline
that command doesnt work at all. Ive tried using it for making transperancy for my sprite objects. I actually figure out how to make alpha channels with Gimp. What Im wondering is how to line up the characters through the sheet so they will be properly displayed when creating a word. I want to be able to create really cool texts with design but make sure they are lined up properly so they will come out right when being used.

"Wisemen say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - Michaelangelo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:37:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:37:09