Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / UV Mapping Within DBP editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 05:02
is there any possible way to UV map a model within the editor, if possible then please tell me how, if not then how can i export the model with a UV mapped texture, i use blender.

The Object of war is not to die for your country but make the other guy die for his
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 18:49
You can use the vertex commands or copy the mesh to a memblock to manipulate the UV coordinates. However, if the UV coordinates are static and don't need to be changed in-game, you should really be doing it in your modeling application. I don't know how it's done in Blender.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 22:11
OK so it can be done in DBPro but it would be better within the modeling program itself?

The Object of war is not to die for your country but make the other guy die for his
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 23:26
Yes, or in a program such as Lithunwrap. Blender has a good UV-mapping system, like everything else it's a little arcane but you can Google some good tutorials.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 16:57
if you UV wrap it within the editor do you have to keep to the original texture used?

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 17:01
Which "editor" are you talking about?

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 18:16
If you are talking about blender's editor, then no. You can just use TEXTURE OBJECT to apply any texture to that object you want.

The UV map is kind of like a diagram. The UV map will be inside the model and will determine what parts of the texture to use and where to apply them to the model.

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 22:01
oh, ok, thanks for the help, i need it alot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:40