Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to scroll text?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys i've started this application which is mainly text based and i've started by printing all files in the directory. However sometimes the list exceeds the screen area and id like to know how to make it so I can scroll down and up to view other bits of text. This is in dbpro by the way with patch 4.1. Any ideas and help would be great.

[href]www.vapournet.com/~flyer[/href]
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 15:02
I believe there is a DBPro native list box code somewhere - possibly in the Code Snippets section. Using that will save a lot of time, as otherwise you'll have to develop a system similar to how it works in Windows :

Read everything in and display a section for a given point.
When requested to scroll up or down the list this point is updated so that you display a certain number of lines (or there is nothing left to display). This is pretty much okay with say, just up and down scrolling arrows, but if you want to o a scrolling bar its gets a bit more complicated.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
MagiKnight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 21:34 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2003 21:37
You could always use one of thows custom DLL's that give DBpro thows functions but I think you have to pay for it, I'm not sure.

MMMMMM Low level programmimg...
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2003 21:40
Yes, RobK BLUE system will do it - its quite reasonable.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:02:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:02:33