Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Box2D and Dark GDK linkage error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 15:49 Edited at: 16th Jun 2010 18:54
I'm trying to create a Dark GDK game with Box 2D physics, and I have come across a problem.
I can compile and run the basic Dark GDK 2D game. I can also compile and run a basic Box2D world using the console output. But when I try to put Box2D inside the working Dark GDK code. I get this linkage error.

What does this error mean? I've checked and confirmed that all my libraries are there and properly linked.

This error happens every time I put in a line of Box2D code. Without that, it works. I can include the library without any issues.
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
are you including other libraries other than darkGDK and the standard c++ libraries? if so, there is no solution. as long as i have used darkGDK, it hates having any other libraries included and will do this. if you are not, i have no idea what is wrong.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 03:43
Quote: "if so, there is no solution"

There IS a solution, and the error says exactly what to do.

Add msvcrtd to the "Ignore Specific Library" list in (Project)->(<Project> Properties)->[+](Configuration Properties)->[+](Linker)->(Input)

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
Emo Philips
Poof Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2010 06:03 Edited at: 17th Jun 2010 06:04
If for some reason what Bran flakes posted doesn't work you can try doing my tutorial on getting box2d to work with Dark GDK. I am using it for my project and I don't remeber getting these errors. Here is the link if it doesn't work.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170888&b=22

Go down a little ways and the long post that is on there by me is it. Should be pretty obvious.
CJX3711
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, this is embarrassing. Doing what Bran said solved the issue, but left me with a ton of unresolved externals.

I will try to solve this, but if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
CJX3711
Years of Service
User Offline
It works now, thanks for all the help. I found out my error. When I compiled the lib file, I was using debug mode. When I used the lib file compiled in release mode, it solved all my errors.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:29:54