Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making game Harder and Table

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys I'm nearly totally finished my game for a project that has to be completed by tonight and I am struggling to get two important parts implemented in the game. The code of the game is below

The two things I am trying to accomplish is to get each zombie that is killed to add 10 points to the score section in the top left. The game is to end when the player is touched (killed) by a zombie at that point it asks you to input your name to put your score along with your name on the high score table. The High score table is to be accessible from the main menu. With the top 10 scores only stored in the high score section.

The other issue I am having is increasing the difficulty of the game, for every 10/20 zombies killed to add an extra zombies to the game. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. I am looking around for some code but if anyone manages to help please let me know. Thanks guys
Dariman
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry forgot to include the zombie and player sprites, I wont include the background as it is not really needed. This is the zombie sprite

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dariman
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the player sprite, soz the File Uploader applet wont work for me.

Attachments

Dariman
Years of Service
User Offline
And the bullet

Attachments

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Killed Zombie Inc Scores by 10 -
Higscore Table Implementation -
Every 10 Zombie Kills inc the count of Zombies on screen -

I`ll greatly appretiate if you make credits in your game and put my name in it because it`s at least the right to do after i do this for you.You need to align the code because it`s a mess now, but it`s late now and this isn`t that big problem.I allready cleared the bugs that pop in the process of coding the above.

To run this code you need Matrix1 plugin, it`s because the highscore table use it.If you are not happy with this you allways can port everything to clean dbpro code if you like.But i think downloading and installing the plugin would be faster.And it`s a good one, a must have one!

I assume this is some school project or something and you hit the deadline so i helped here and there, but please read the code i wrote to understand what is doing what and why.It`s not complicated.

Best regards!

I can`t wait to see the game in program announcements when you finish it.

I suggest to rewrite the menus, because now they are somehow unnecessery complicated.Making them with sprites by my opinion is easier to maintain.

Cheers!

I allmost forget to post the code here...

Here it is:

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Dariman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2010 04:05 Edited at: 18th Jun 2010 05:30
Thankyou its very much appreciated. I have yet to test out the code, but thank you none the less. Whilst I cannot put your name in the project for college or when showing it as part of a port folio for University I will put it in along with the code and upload it on the site for other people to check out and play your name will be included along with LBFN.No credits are actually going in to our project for college, but Will add credits and include your name for the forum and anywhere else this game may be put up.

I'm searching for the Matrix 1 Plugin at the moment, but if your have a direct link for reassurance that its the right one then that would be great. Otherwise I will keep you informed

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out and granted we use this and it works we will credit you.
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, fair enought for me.I know how it is with college, if there is slight hint that there is someone helped with this it can greatly impact on your mark.I hope you get maximum for this.

Here is the link:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85209&b=18

I`m sure it`s gonna work for you.The original highscore table was using one more plugin but i cut it out because isn`t that much needed and actually the plugin itself isn`t also that good.

You can ask me if something isn`t clear in the code.I started commenting at first then i decided that it`s gonna take more time to do this, so i deleted few comments i made to speed things up.At the end i was too sleepy and tired to do them.

Coding is My Kung Fu!
And My Kung Fu is better than Yours!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:17:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:17:27