Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Yay! a Start! Now.....what does it need?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 05:07
Yay! So I finished a rough prototype of an Rpg battle system! I was scripting the Normal Attack, and I could tell it was missing somthing, but I couldn't figure out what.....? So, I wish to showcase my little battle system. To navigate the control panel(menu), use arrowkeys, and enter to select. At this time, all you really can do is select the "Attack function".......but, the enemies die. Tell me how it looks and what it needs.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 11:35
Hi. First of all, I should say very nice work; very impressive indeed.

I have a couple of minor suggestions if your looking for ways to improve it. Firstly perhaps you could highlight the character you are selecting the option for immediately as the options to attack, special or run come up rather than only when you are selecting your target. Also on my screen, the swords were a little (only a little) out of line with the text as I moved up and down the options. One other thing is that the text is a little pixilated which contrasts with the rather nice sprites.

However that said, it is very impressive and these are only minor changes. Hope this is helpful and good luck with the rest of the game.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 20:01
Quote: "Firstly perhaps you could highlight the character you are selecting the option for immediately as the options to attack....."

Hmm...Yeah, that is needed. I dont know how I overlooked it.

Quote: "One other thing is that the text is a little pixilated which contrasts with the rather nice sprites."

Probly because I'm Scaling it, I'll have a go with it....

Quote: "I should say very nice work; very impressive indeed. "

Haha, Thanks.

Anybody else?

Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Really cool! very nice feel to it.

I think that a text message log for this is a must though. like "swordy guy attacked floaty guy dealing 10 damage", "floaty guy 1 killed by swordy guy no. 3", etc.

I like the intro screen too

Is't life, I ask, is't even prudence, to bore thyself and bore thy students?
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 23:29
Wow that was not at all what I expected. I gravely underestimated this post . I didn't look at the name of the poster and I was expecting some text thing and then... wow. Sound, sprites, music... All great The whole bouncy feel to it and the intro were awesome too. Great job ! Here's some stuff you could do:
-Make the enemies fight back.
-More than one level, that is after you complete a "conflict" than another one begins. The goal could be to try to get through as many as possible without losing . (Unless you've already got a game to put this in, in which case you should ignore this...)
-You could add health bars.
-Background (again, you might have a game with this already).

Great job, you should post a WIP if/when you finish your shooting game!

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 02:43
Quote: "Really cool! very nice feel to it.

I think that a text message log for this is a must though. like "swordy guy attacked floaty guy dealing 10 damage", "floaty guy 1 killed by swordy guy no. 3", etc.

I like the intro screen too "

Thanks! I plan to implement a Log system simular to Golden Sun's.

Quote: "Wow that was not at all what I expected. I gravely underestimated this post . I didn't look at the name of the poster and I was expecting some text thing and then... wow. Sound, sprites, music... All great The whole bouncy feel to it and the intro were awesome too. Great job ! Here's some stuff you could do:
-Make the enemies fight back.
-More than one level, that is after you complete a "conflict" than another one begins. The goal could be to try to get through as many as possible without losing . (Unless you've already got a game to put this in, in which case you should ignore this...)
-You could add health bars.
-Background (again, you might have a game with this already)."

Lol, I may procrastinate(and misspell) a lot, but never under estimate my actual programs lol.

Yup, i'll take all of these into account. Cant belive I forgot a health meter..........

Quote: "Great job, you should post a WIP if/when you finish your shooting game!"

My Spriter is just as lazy as me. So its on hold. lol, I'll pick it up again tho, he's making some real characters, some tilesets for better maps and etc...............

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 22:24
K, I've made some progress.

Heres what i still need:

Quote: "-Make the enemies fight back.
-More than one level, that is after you complete a "conflict" than another one begins. The goal could be to try to get through as many as possible without losing . (Unless you've already got a game to put this in, in which case you should ignore this...)"

I do have a game to put this in, but right now the code is flexible enough to play around with

AI has been implemented, but for now the ene's will only dodge - not attack. still gotta script that.

Quote: " text message log "

...........Ummm.....Having some troble with that. workin on it tho.

Anything else has been updated,fixed or added.

Enjoy.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 18:08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:17:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:17:18