Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is it possible to use DarkGDK with C/C++ dev platforms other than Visual Studio ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The title says (almost) all.

For some reasons I don't like Visual Studio and I prefer to work with other C/C++ dev platforms. (e.g. Codeblocks)

Any way or chance to get DGDK working without Visual Sudio ?

Thanks
Isocadia
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it is possible, but the wizards created by GDK won't work so you will have to setup you project all by yourself.

Isocadia

Chris66
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Isocadia,

Great! Thanks a lot for these informations.

I'am glad to learn I was misinformed (or I misunderstood what I'd read).

So, as I'll use the GNU GCC compiler I assume I'll have no more to worry about stuff like the Visual C++ redistributable package...

I'll give it a try this week-end.

If there are some tutorials or some kind of informations available about how to use/configure Dark GDK with Code::Blocks or Dev C++, they are welcome.

Thanks again !

Cheers

Chris

PS: Sorry for by bad English.
pirogoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 04:54
@Chris66: You're confusing the IDE with the compiler tool chain. You can in fact use Code::Blocks, however you will still have to use the MSVC compiler tool chain. Code::Blocks works just fine with MSVC, however DevC++ does not (and shouldn't be used anyway)*.

So yes, you will still need the Visual C++ Redist package installed.

* DevC++ hasn't been updated since 2004 or 2006, I've forgotten which. Either way it ships with an incredibly outdated version of MinGW (The GCC tool chain for Win32). It's also incredibly buggy. If you insist on using a DevC++ derivative, please use wxDev-C++ as it is still being actively maintained. It does not, however, work with MSVC to my knowledge.
Chris66
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi pirogoth,

Thank you for these complementary informations.

Indeed, I didn't give all the details about what I wanted.

In a ideal way, I'd have like to get both benefits at once :

- Using the Code::Blocks' IDE which is not a program as Huge as Visual C++ Express.

- Using the GNU GCC compiler insteed of the MSVC one (for license reasons and to avoid to force the users of the applications to install the VC++ Redist package.)

I'am desapointed to haven't the possibility to use Dark GDK without the Microsoft Dev products (compiler).

Well, I assume I'll continue to use DBP insteed of Dark GDK;
but loosing C++ programming habits and the advantages of this languages is not great.

Anyway, thanks again for your answer.

Cheers,
Chris
Trauko
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Criss66,

I need your help, i made a DLL with your post "Creating a DLL with Code::Blocks" (really clear explanation, great guide!). I im trying to use the DLL in Visual FoxPro, and i receive the error "Cannot find entry point", i think the DLL is ok, but i send to you the sources and DLL. i hope you can try the DLL (with DBP) and check if it's ok or not. Thanks for your help.

best regards,

Fernando.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:54:56
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:54:56