Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Embarrassing Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I just download all of the DarkGDK stuff and compiled the 2d game given in the 2d game wizard. As I am relatively new to C++ I decided to start small and just play around with the backdrop. So I wanted to display my own image as the backdrop, but when I load the image to the project and replace:

with my image name:

and I compile, the backdrop shows up as a blue screen
I know it's simple and such, but could someone help me successfully load an background.

Thanks in advanced!

Learning C++
Proud member of www.codecall.com
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Where is your image? make sure it is in the exact same location as the last one.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Its my background is in the same file as the backdrop, but it still doesn't seem to work

Learning C++
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
I was able to load the background (and some sprites as well)but now, I seem to be having some other issues. The little program I've been working on is supposed to simulate the roll of rice, and display pictures of the dice when rolled. The problem is, every once in a while only one of the dice shows up on the screen. when I compile this code:

It works like a charm, just for the issue I stated above. What could be causing this?

Thanks in advanced!

ps. if you need the program just ask

Learning C++
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I was actually able to get it working, with no glitches
Probably should have tried before posting. Well lesson learned.
Thanks anyway

Learning C++

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:54:12
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:54:12