Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Importing landscape .dbo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 22:03
Are there any importing .dbo landscapes and running around with a box tutorials? thank you

sEriously..
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 16:38
You can import a .dbo object and use sparky's collision dll to make sure the character (or box) moves across the top, but why not just use ADVANCED TERRAIN to accomplish this? It seems like it would be much easier to do.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 23:07
What you want is called sliding collision. Try this:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=114275&b=7

If you don't get it, check the tutorials thread at the top of this board and start with a more basic one.

@LB - since he doesn't even know how to load a model yet, I think he needs to figure some stuff out first before he trys using AT.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 17:37
Quote: "@LB - since he doesn't even know how to load a model yet, I think he needs to figure some stuff out first before he trys using AT."

I respectfully disagree. It took me much longer to get Sparky's down as compared to AT. That is why I suggested it.

I have attached a modified version of the one that came with AT that does what this user is asking, although it is not in tut form.

The point is probably moot anyways, as the poster doesn't seem to be around.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:27:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:27:50