Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [X9] Luftwaffe Terror

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[b]Hello guys ! here is my project !

This is a WWII Game, you are an MI5 secret agent. You will have to kill SS Officers and destroy strategic spots.

Here 2 screens.

The First, you are in a plane and you will have to destroy other Germans Planes. Yes ! You can enter in the Mustang ! In the 1st screen, this is just a test. Because you can fire (cool, cause decals appear when you shoot or when you destroy a plane). And the second screen, you will have to protect a tank to destroy an Ennemy Command Post (Wolfenstein ET ). I'm not working on this project alone, I work on with my 6 friends, and the game won't be free ($5.00), because of the hard and great work of my friends.

So ! No more suspense, the first screen.

P.S. : for Errant AI, will you create WWII weapons? It would be very important for this project !

If there is a thing I would say...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The End
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the second screen, enjoy !

If there is a thing I would say...

Attachments

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 00:36
Awsome... how did you do that?

- Gorlock
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 00:52
It`s not that hard, I posted a looooong time ago a script with which you could steer & fire a tank, and in Anderson you were able to fly a organic spaceship.

However, nice Idea!

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 02:25 Edited at: 25th Jun 2010 02:26
Ok....how do I put that...

You just signed up yesterday on these forums and yet you claim to have achieved something that a lot of other folks here tried and abandoned (I am talking about the flying&attacking enemy planes)

So before I take your screens for anything else than a cheap hoax, I want to see a youtube vid or play a demo.

A team of 6 people should be able to provide either.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 02:26
nice explosions, but I want to see your level design work, anyone can change the explosion decal and trigger them all over, few can create truly realistic, detailed environments.

imageflock.com/img/1272671763.jpg[/img]
skype = isaacpreston. I want to talk to YOU
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 05:40
Please adhere to the requirements for posting in the WIP Board.

-Keith

The End
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not very difficult.

The Ally plane is like a Lift, where you can't move, and the planes are enemies who's follow waypoints and attacking you. But it's take a lot of Frame Rate, unfortunetly.

And for the tank, an entity with a modified script of the Lift, who's firing. But the explosion of the enemy tank, is a trigger used by the Ally Tank.

For now, no demos available. Because, this is a WIP started 3 days ago. We will present you suprises.

More screens later !

If there would have something to say ... Oh no! Too lazy to speak...
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 17:21
can u post a video on how ur doing that so we can have more proof? because I don't think that those tanks and planes are really dropping bombs at you they look like floating static entities with decals on them.I'm not saying that I'm sure that does screen shots are hoax but that's not good enough to show people that its not a hoax.I believe about the ally planes and tanks but the enemies?.....
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 19:20
Looks great!

To everyone else:

Just because this guy joined a few days ago and made something awesome that most people cant even think of how to do, doesnt mean that he tries to fool you all.

I dont think people started to spam Infinity Ward about how they made the AC 130 and demanded them to tell them how they did it...

You get my point?

And even if this would be a great "hoax" then we will probably find out sooner or later...

I say keep up the good work, both you and your team!

The End
Years of Service
User Offline
@da2020 :
For technical reasons and FPS range, no videos can be made for now. Please let us the time to inprove the gameplay and the quality.

Tank and Planes are Characters.

"(...)they look like floating static entities with decals on them."

The animation of the destroyed plane is not really "fluid", because, I repeat this is just a test and not the result of a demo.

Our work will take the time needed to complete. Because we're not going to press, which will lead us inevitably to error.

If the project does not meet any problem, we could certainly create a demo in one month, one month and a half. Because we see not necessarily in full force every day. Be patient, like nice boys, and you have your demo soon. And if you think it's a hoax, wait and you'll see.

The End

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 21:16
Whats with the strange pixilating around the edges of the screenshots?

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 06:28 Edited at: 26th Jun 2010 06:33
Quote: "Tank and Planes are Characters."

The tanks and planes appear to be using static lightmaps from what I can see in the screenshots. If they are characters, make sure that you set them to dynamic or they will not play their animations. And, no; I'm not another sceptic; just trying to help.

There are also a few free WWII weapons here, here, here, here, and here. Free generic weapons here.

Kravenwolf

The End
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 19:28 Edited at: 26th Jun 2010 19:52
Thank You for your Help KravenWolf, but those WWII guns are too... "basic", we want to stay original. For the "static" effect, now, you're right, looks like it is a static light. We will change it.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 00:54 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 00:55
Quote: "floating static entities with decals on them."

He's right, those planes are not flying, and the whole picture is set up. A list of reasons why:

1. The planes are static (using static lightmaps)
2. Characters cannot move without a floor beneath them (an issue which has caused me many problems)
3. The smoke decal is there purely for effect only, decals cannot be attached to entities
4. The player is not attached to the plane - you are not using Project Blue or Fenix Mod, and likewise the plane is static, thus it cannot be moving.
5. If you really are using those plane guns, you must be dual-weilding them which is not possible without a mod(?)
6. Those aren't real muzzle flashes, it's the 'fireball front' sprite from Sprite Pack 1

You're also editing your photos a lot. In the first picture, it appears as if there is a heat haze coming from the cartidge which is exiting the tank turret - this isn't possible yet. You're also blurring the picture for a depth of field effect.

Now, I hope you come along and prove me wrong. Next time, try posting pictures without editing them - you're game's looks should speak for themselves without an artificial makeover.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
gladius
Years of Service
User Offline
Evidence is required to substantiate claims. The evidence provided must be conclusive in nature. Marc Steene pointed out a number of flaws with your "evidence" that seem very convincing. Further more, I doubt that what your are suggesting with the planes and tanks is even possible with an unmodded version of fps. However, you did create several pieces of custom media (the plane and castle wall), why not try and salvage this thread by showing off your real work. I understand that its hard not to get flak on WIP board ( I have experienced it many a time...) unless you have done something really impressive, but there is no reason for deception. Just because your not Bond1 does not mean you need to try and trick us.

ps, I really like the castle wall in the second screenshot
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 07:13
Actually does effects he put is pretty easy I even made my own version for only about three minutes! screen shots attached: (All static entities with decals on them only)

@The end
I'm very sorry to spam ur thread but u got to tell us the truth as Mark said the game must speak by themselves without an artificial makeover

@Marc Steene
Thanks that's what I mean!
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 09:47
This looks pretty cool!

Abdul Ahad
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 10:48 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 10:52
EDIT

Attachments

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 13:03
everyone just stop, do you all just enjoy accusing people, so what if he did set it up, sure if he'd been here for more than 2 days he'd kniow that you don't do that, but i think you're all overlooking the fact that hes managed to construct and light up scenes very well and hes only been here for 2 days, i'd like to say that this looks great and keep it up

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 14:08
I don't know if he did it or not, for real, but if he didn't, then I think when you are making a game, it should be one you can play, not just look. That's called picture. Sure, the second screenie got lighting and all right, but if it's fake, then... does it really matter. Becouse it's just a picture and the game would be something very different from the shots. I hope you get my point here. I hope it's real, as I would like to play a game like this, made with FPSC. Ofcourse the plane scene could have done with invisible segments for teh characters to move on, but the decal thingy there is still a bit confusing... I really don't know what's going on, and I hope it's real, and if it is, then great job!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 14:11 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 14:13
Damn.. Am I the only one?

You can see lightmaps on planes, all static.

Nothing difficult about it? Rotate the plane so it looks like flying???

EDIT:
Quote: "reen shots attached: (All static entities with decals on them only)"

Oh, lol nobody reads also.

---------------------------------------

But THIS is not the point!

The point is what Mazz said.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 15:12 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 15:13
Quote: "do you all just enjoy accusing people"
No we don't we just want the guy to tell the truth about his game because if those screens were fake then this is not considered as a game.

@Mazz426

As I say I'm not very sure if those were fake because if its real then I would be totally shameful.I just took those shot to compare his screens to mine.As you can see its very similar.And why did he even post this in work in progress board? he could possibly post it in product chat or even entered it to screenshot compo which has a high possibility of winning instead of announcing this as a game and taking faked screenies.You see what I mean?
The End
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 16:01 Edited at: 27th Jun 2010 17:38
My poor guys... If you really want me to prove it, then I will make your PROFANITY REMOVED, USER MODERATED video. Please be patient, I'm looking for a Good recorder.

Let me explain some points :

Quote: "1. The planes are static (using static lightmaps)
2. Characters cannot move without a floor beneath them (an issue which has caused me many problems)
3. The smoke decal is there purely for effect only, decals cannot be attached to entities
4. The player is not attached to the plane - you are not using Project Blue or Fenix Mod, and likewise the plane is static, thus it cannot be moving.
5. If you really are using those plane guns, you must be dual-weilding them which is not possible without a mod(?)
6. Those aren't real muzzle flashes, it's the 'fireball front' sprite from Sprite Pack 1
"

1- The planes are using 2 textures, the first is the normal texture, and when it's shoot, the second texture appear (texture made with the help of lightmaps).
2- Make invisible segments is really easy, Download "Firma" and create your own segments easily.
3- "Decals cannot be attached to entities" Do you really think it?
4- We don't need Fenix Mod or Project Blue to make our own models/scripts/animations...
5- Like I have said, we have got problems to make the guns of the plane, so the player (idea) won't be in a Mustang, but in a big plane (with rotative turret).
6- Yes it is, we're using the Firefront as muzzleflash, so? Where's the problem? Any decals is too beautifull (or prove me).

Guys, FPS Creator is a small programm, you can change it.

You can make INCREDIBLE games with it (Beyond Life, Alpha Project are the best I have played), now, guys or kids without experience, please shut up. And let pros work.

You don't believe me? Right, so stop spamming or posting here. And wait for a demo.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 16:32
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:52:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:52:32