Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need help with a simple Soccer scoreboard.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So here is my issue. I am trying to create a scoreboard where the King (player 1) score - Queen (Player 2) score will display after the first goal is score. This is my first complete game. I am very confused as to how to get the return values to show up on the scoreboard. This is what I have so far. The more I look at it the more my eyes are getting crossed.

I think part of my problem is that when one player scores I dont believe it is registering the score.

I have attached all the pictures and sounds. If you dont like vuvuzelas you can comment out the vuvuzela sound.

Carlos

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 00:54 Edited at: 26th Jun 2010 00:54
how about, say what's the problem instead of just giving code?

anyway, what do you exactly want when you are doing this: (see last lines)

?? what are expecting it to do? actually that does nothing, because getQueenScore will return QUEENSCORE, so you can imagine in as "a variable holding QUEENSCORE value", so it's like just writing QUEENSCORE;, which is nothing as you haven't even used an operation (+, -, = etc)

please describe the problem, rather than just giving code

Los29
Years of Service
User Offline
If it helps it is a lot lot a pong game. I am doing research to find if anyone has done it this way but it looks like everyone is using OOPS. If I have to I will go back an rewrite it with objects but I would like to see if I can make it work like this.

Carlos
Los29
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to get the King guard score and the Queen guards score.
The operation for QUEENSCORE and KINGSCORE is in the game loop that is where you will see the ++.

I believe the problem is that when the ball passes the limits I set it is not adding the score to either player.

I also have an issue with

This should be displaying on top of the soccer field when the game starts.

Carlos

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:41:52
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:41:52