Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGUI and Fullscreen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2010 19:24
Well, whenever I use bluegui on a program that is in fullscreen exclusive, all the gadgets flash and disappear. Is bluegui incompatible with fullscreen modes?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 16:54
Yes. It's all down to 'who' owns the display.

In fullscreen-exclusive mode, your program does, so windows will have issues, and Blue GUI is a standard windows GUI wrapper it has problems.

In all of the other modes, windows owns the display so all of your standard windows GUI stuff works just fine.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:06
Ok, thanks.

TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 11:35 Edited at: 10th Jul 2010 11:38
In application properties set screen -> screen type -> full desktop.

Seems to work decent for me and is full screen.

Attached screenshot >

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 00:36
Yes, but the issue is that that produces a fullscreen by stretching each pixel of your (for example) 640x480 resolution to whatever your screen resolution is set to, and that doesn't always produce nice results.

Using my laptop display as an example, horizontally 640->1280 means every pixel doubles in width - that's nice and easy and produces a nice-ish result.

Vertically 480->800 means that every pixel is multiplied in size by 1.666~ - that's not so nice as you can't have a fraction of a pixel. The first line is liable to be 2 pixels, the second line could be 1 pixel, and the third will be 2 pixels, then repeating for the rest of the display.

That produces a less-than-optimal display.

The workaround to this is to do as you suggest, but to also set the display resolution to match the desktop resolution, and that also means that you need to code your application to take that into account.

So you either have to put extra work into making your app resolution agnostic, or put up with the slightly lower quality.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2010 02:58 Edited at: 11th Jul 2010 02:58
@IanM
Even in fullscreen exclusive, you will still get the effect you describe on LCD screens. In fact, the full desktop mode is better as windows/directx will use a linear filter to resize when rendering to a window, whereas using set display mode on an LCD screen will just use nearest pixel.

The benefit of the fullscreen resolution is that in some cases the LCD screen tries to maintain the aspect ration (so on a wide screen you may get black strips down each side rather than the result being stretched).

You could however use full desktop mode, and support a normal and wide-screen resolution. You could then pick the best one depending on the aspect ratio detected, and you wouldn't have to support every resolution. You would also get the benefit of the linear filtered resizing

[b]
TyJBr2
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was only suggesting something that makes BlueGUI work fullscreen without the buttons disappearing.

My laptop is 1280 x 800, the screen shot up there is 640 x 480 because I did not bother to mess with the screen res.

I did not think dbp could produce optimal displays. lol

Quote: "
The workaround to this is to do as you suggest, but to also set the display resolution to match the desktop resolution, and that also means that you need to code your application to take that into account.
"

Thats not to hard.

Or select Screen Type > Full Screen Resolution ,set at what you want.Then select Window > Window Resolution ,set it the same as what you wanted.Then select Fulldesktop ?
That seems to look decent.

Attached another screenshot. >>

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:18:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:18:24