Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [x9] Space Hell (project green)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 16:37
[center]Space Hell

This is a two level demo of my game feel free to leave any comments to be nice or to help me out.

[i]story:
You are an investigator trying to find a problem with the ship S.S Starclipse, It seems abandoned...

http://img693.imageshack.us/i/snapshot1e.jpg/
http://img84.imageshack.us/i/snapshot2fj.jpg/
http://img820.imageshack.us/i/snapshot4.jpg/
Download.rar)
http://www.filefront.com/16915865/Space%20Hell.rar

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
Heroefol
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 16:59
Wow. Story is short but strong and clear.. and raw..
For the screenies what i can see from my crappy laptop right now, i think it needs lightning and more entitys. Pretty classic problem

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:10
sound like death space to me , you really should add lighting as heroefol said.

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:22 Edited at: 30th Jun 2010 17:23
Your post is missing some points from here:
Quote: "REQUIRED:

1.) Name of Game; this can be substituted by a Title Graphic (the Game name must be in the graphic). The graphic should be reasonable in size.

2.) Developer name.

3.) Which FPSCreator you are using: must be in your thread's title as either [x9] or [x10].

4.) Storyline and/or description.

5.) No limit on screenshots in the initial post; but you MUST have at least one (in-game only; thumbnails are acceptable) in your INITIAL post. The mandatory image MUST be either viewable in the post itself, without having to click a link; or available by clicking on the attachment button. Screenshots should not exceed 800x600 pixels; no one wants to have to scroll to see your image. You may link to a larger image however.

OPTIONAL:

6.) Link(s) to additional images.

7.) Website and/or videos...must be click-able.

8.) Demo download link...must be click-able.

9.) Credits.

10.) Contact Info."

But lighting could be added to your screens, to make everything look more interesting. And changing the red light colour to something darker red would propably do miracles to the last shot too. And some addition stuff that fit the screen would rise the quality.

The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:48
Quote: "The mandatory image MUST be either viewable in the post itself, without having to click a link;"

oh......
@mgarand Maybe I should chang the title.

I'd have to say........ The Game Creators can make dreams come true.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 17:52
Quote: "@mgarand Maybe I should chang the title."

i ment, the small story idea is just like that game

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 18:04 Edited at: 30th Jun 2010 18:07
I just played the demo twice and here is my review.

The Good:
- Custom ideas
Although there is much room for improvement, you managed to create a consistent atmosphere. Your huds are really cool and the retextured hand was another bonus. Also the SPOILER

- Size.
Large levels, especially the first one. No illogical dead ends and large enough, that I am not sure I saw everything.
- Enemies
Nice mix of monsters that could be *logical* explained, the placement/spawning was good. No one ran senseless into doorframes and the robs did take cover like they should.

The Bad:
- Segments
Some of the segments (I think the Lab one is the one with the "cloverleaf" walls) look extremly dull. Better use only a few good ones than everything just for diversities sake.
- Lighting
Is nonexisting, which makes the dull parts look even duller. Some single lights would do wonders. Changing the ambience between the levels (1st brighter, 2nd darker) would also improve the atmosphere(If you don't want to place a dozen single lights in each section, simply rely on segments with light bands all around the wall and increase general ambience).
- Challenge
Too much life at the start. I could change magazines while in a hail of bullets and still live to kill everything. Less life + health packs could improve this.

The Ugly
- Black Ooops
Either it's a shader problem or my own graphic card but several walls apeared black. From my personal experience some of the stock scifi walls&doors look weird in certain shader settings but it could be my PC also

On my personal demo scale it's a well-earned 3 of 5 and I'd call it "a demo that needs a lot of polishing but then it could shine"

On a sidenote I would like to recommend the following:
- Check Wizard of Ids Scifi Stock Media Upgrade (stuff like half-closed or battered doors or walls&ceilings that include vents could be usefull)
- You allready used models from Cosmic Prophet's SfiFi Pack which offers a lot more, especially segments that look a lttle less *clean*
- You can find here on the forums also the "Mech City Pack" by Rostradamus which has segments that could also be usefull for you. Few people used it so far but its really Tech-Grunge

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 18:53
Quote: "Either it's a shader problem or my own graphic card but several walls apeared black. From my personal experience some of the stock scifi walls&doors look weird in certain shader settings but it could be my PC also"

No that's not you, I have the same thing when playing other's games or when I am creating my own games.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2010 19:34
If I turn shaders off and avoid dynamic lights it usually works

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2010 02:08
You need to fix the initial post; before this gets locked.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:01:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:01:35