Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Jedi Knight II: On XBOX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 14:14
Anyone know a bit more about this game?
My computer system: AMD Duron 1.3GHz, 256MB RAM, Trident 3D Blade, Savage Sound, 40GB Hard drive.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 14:52
Nope - but its generally good on the PC - there are some daft level designs occasionally, and the internet multi-player system crashes will certain servers, but aside from that its good.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 17:09
I hate the PC version! I recently upgraded my computer and it won't run with my Trident 3D Blade!

My computer system: AMD Duron 1.3GHz, 256MB RAM, Trident 3D Blade, Savage Sound, 40GB Hard drive.
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 17:41
The PC version was good.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2002 23:27
Network Code from it is pretty piss poor, but then again Raven didn't redesign it - as JK2 is technically nothing more than an extreme mod for Quake3

The Xbox and GameCube versions are basically CarbonCopies of the PC version which IMHO is pretty great - but does need a good system to run that is Direct3D and OpenGL compatible

they have a few extras like, mini-missions - extra online levels not available on the PC or each other.
Definatly worth it if you don't already have the PC version, and happily they fixxed the Multiplayer bug that they've promised to release the rebuilt MP.exe for us PC users. Still no joy

It is fun thought because you can go online and see Cube & Box users now... fun to frag them, but they hardly ever talk - someone should give them a VoiceType unit or something, i'd love to know what they think of our taunts

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 03:50
lol

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2002 11:59
As a side note - is Vice City and Tony Hawk 4 going to come out for the PC ?

rascalLion - has someone been spray painting your cat - it seems odd to see it without a body...

Naf
Years of Service
User Offline
vice city mite do sumtime soonish... but tony hawk prob wont - or not for ages anyway
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2002 04:20
Vice will probably just be an addon pack for GTA3, Tonk Hawks sucks on the pc no where near as good without a decent controller.. even then the rumble for the PC is weak to just stupid most of the time

DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 11:36
HEY! Stay on the topic of JKII will ya??

The Day of Judgement will scorch mankind and will be condemned to Hell.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2002 16:22
I used to be a fan of the old JK...I had been waiting along time for the second one and I must say it's AMAZING...

As RavenV says,Raven(the company) only perfected the Q3 engine but in a way that let's know only to people who know the engine well.

Otherwise,it's full of action.Personally the touch I like is the music that fits the events when there is action and then suddenly when the last foes falls on the floor the song decreases intensity...Exactly how John Williams would've done it!

8/10 for me.

BTW:It wasn't the most compatible game but you absolutely need something else than a trident Cyberblade or something.(no OGL)...my card was DESIGNED witht he Q3(and general Quake) engine in mind and runs it pretty good(medium gfx options) and it date to 1998...héhé

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 01:31
Vice City's a standalone, and from what I've heard, is sweet.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 13:09
Yes, the PS2 version looks good, but I'm hoping that Take 2 aren't abandoning the PC games area...

I want someone to convert the new Spy Hunter game for the PC - the music for that is good.

Anyway, back to the topic - did anyone feel that there were some places that were completely illogical to get past - especially the jungle level - got so fed up with that I ended up cheating...

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 13:57
Nope, but the cool force powers were tempting.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 14:58
Yes, they are good...

DarkSith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 17:20
Anyone manage to get the saber lock? I managed to get it THREE times in a row with a mate of mine.

The Day of Judgement will scorch mankind and will be condemned to Hell.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 18:04
I hate Saber locks... biased towards LPB
But fun, you guys should come to the Vulcanus server sometime - theres 2

130.161.36.106:28070 - Main Server (currently down )
130.161.36.97:28070 - Backup/Training Server

ya'll never guess what my name is on the server - hahaa
We don't fight with Force Power, Kicking, or alike as really its more of a duel server.

Pure Saberplay really is the best aspect of JK2
Hopefully they'll work on a squel using the Quake4 Engine, now they own the rights to Quake3 and ID Software have Doom3... should be an interesting year ahead eh

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 18:23
Is there going to be a Quake 4 then ?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 18:57
what Raven are working on right this minute
closed projects like all of them, so don't expect to hear much news until E3 London 2004

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 14:35
The force is very improved since the earlier versions...

Personally,I enjoyed lifting people with the GRIP and then throwing them on the ground or a wall using the push(or the grip itself!!) and then finish him with a quick move upfront to slash the ground...and the enemy

I LOVED the hand-cutting thingy.

When is Lucasarts coming out with a CLASSIC SW game.!!!Can't wait!

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 18:17
Anyone remember Dark Forces? Sweet game.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 18:23
It looked good - unfortuntaly I didn't have a PC then and had to run in under emulation. Unfortunatly there was no sound with it...

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2002 18:24
Well, it rocked. At the time, the deathstar plans were incredible.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 10:12
lol... I have DarkForces, DarkForces 2 : JediKnight, JediKnight : Mysteries of the Sith and JediKnight 2 : Outcast

And I'm definatly getting Jedi Knight III (^_^) why i hear you cry?
Because MARA is back WOOHOO!

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2002 14:42
Knights of the Old Republic looks good so far also.

Dark Forces was awesome for the time it came out...Just like Shogo was.

I also have both versions of JK...Hé maybe we fought together once Raven? ...Maybe not since I'm a Zoner and don't visit Dedicated Servers.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 00:41
lol ... i wouldn't bet against it - i was a bounty hunter in alot of games back in the time of JK and Quake
they were outstanding titles
i'd use to be hired by clans to challenge people to matchs with the wager of if they lost they couldn't play online for say a week, just enough time to mix fixxtures

God playing was much more honourable back then, abd very level considering most people were on 36k modems - lucki few like myself were on 56k modems, not Flex, not x2 not v.90 ... the original ones
God those were the days!

I always wanted to play Shogo, but my system was never powerful enough - even remember getting a Creative Banshee, still no joy had a framerate of a slug

I am looking forward to JOTNR thou, definatly - problem is with so many internet games comming out now, its getting progressively expensive to pay for them all. I've had to drop my Everquest and UO subsciptions, to afford TSO and Galaxies. Thank God i have a free subscription to Earth&Beyond eh... i mean you pay around $10/month/game certinaly adds up quick especially when you only have time to play one for like an hour IF that a day.
Complete Madness

I used to be called ShadowFear, before that was just my name ... kinda sucked. Hey you ever play the Quake2&3 circuits when they first came out?
I had a Clan called the Shadows, well I call it a clan but it was more like the most feared players on the net.
We fought in a single league as a team, and when I say as a team unlike most clans who'd all aimlessly run around killing anything that moved, we'd pick people off as a team and move on. Loved it when the opposition moved as a group because we'd attack all at onceand destroy everyone, perhaps one of us being killed in the crossfire - but rarly. Was cool cause we own'd Barrysworld Servers, no one could touch us
Then this Broadband thing appeared from the states, europe ... there was not even a chance i hell for us. When you fire at almost half a second delay, against someone who has almost zero delay
Ho hum, I still kick butt on the Vulcanus Server dispite my god aweful ping of 250-500 ... if peeps catch me on a good day its a gamble between winning and loosing, if nothing else i tend to give them one heck of a fight
Its good to know that I'm not the worst but I know I've still got alot of skill to aquire.

Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 18:10
"i was a bounty hunter in alot of games back in the time of JK and Quake"

Speaking of which, I like the look of StarWars Bounty Hunter. My fave character is Boba Fett, and playing as his dad would be the hound's hangers.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2002 20:41
lol hounds hangers...
I have a decent Boba Fett and Jango Fett for JK2

Though i do like the look of the Bounty Hunter game.
Hehee - seriously was alot of just pure fun to play a good 7-8years ago, with all the people with fast connections and kids who don't care for playing with any sense of fun just to frag anything that moves ... i dunno its getting hard to find good honest servers where people are there for fun not just to be assholes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:12:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:12:35