Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / wierd problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so i create a new 2d game using the wizard and test it and it runs fine, but i run in to a problem where vc++ stops accepting changes to the code. I realized something was wrong and tried writing a line of code with a deliberate syntax error and it would compile and run... i even commented out ALL of the code and it compiled and ran... this happened twice now, the first time i thought it was a fluke and copied and pasted the code to a new project and it worked fine, for a while. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 11:08
i think, when there are errors, the compiler runs the last version that worked fine, im not sure how to disable this on vc++ 2008, but you can google it, you'll probably find something

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Check this setting: Tools, Options, Projects and Solutions, Build and Run. On that tab there is a setting which chooses what VS should do when build errors occur: Prompt to launch, Launch old version or do not launch. For me it is set to "prompt" and the system asks after a compile error if I want to launch the last compiled version or not.
Nightshade
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, thanks for the help and sorry for the delay in replying my internet has been out. as it turns out i had somehow loaded multiple copies of main.cpp so ill have to watch that, but thanks for all the great advice!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 11:04:58
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 11:04:58