Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / wierd glitch

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been having a strange problem where, after a while, VC++ stops accepting changes to source code. I mean ill start a 2d game from the template wizard (if i run it it works just fine btw) and after a while of coding and debugging i can alter main.cpp or my .h file but when i tell it to build it will say "compiling" but none of my changes will have any effect. I even tried intentionally making a syntax error and it still was able to compile and link and launch... wtf???
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2010 17:00
Sounds like you have two copies of main.cpp, try right clicking on the tab for main.cpp above your code and select 'open containing folder', this will show you the main.cpp that you are currently editing, make sure thats the one that is included in your project.

Fatal Berserker
Years of Service
User Offline
I get this problem sometimes, to fix it i save then close down VS and reopen it and itll work again, and sometimes i delete the debug folder in the project location to make sure it is remaking it.

Nightshade
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup i had mulitiple copies of main... somehow... thanks for all the great advice though!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:45:52
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:45:52