Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / make vehicle with 3ds max 9

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have made a car with 3ds max and rig it by following a tutorial of this forum and export it as an .x file. Btu when I try to load it in dark basic pro with the dark physic plugin, it say that its impossible to load this model! Can someone give me a tutorial to make a car with 3ds max please?

thanks

ps: sorry for my bad English, i'm french.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 18:19
will your model load when not using physx like so

load object "path-and-model-name.x",1

also your model can be loaded using .3ds

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
computer001
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it is realy the 3D model that is the problem and not the code and using .3ds has never work for me.
computer001
Years of Service
User Offline
I found this code on the forum, do you think I can simply remplace the box of the wheel by a 3D model of wheel and remplace the box by a 3D model of a car without wheel?

thanks for the help
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 22:31 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2010 22:41
computer101
Thats exactly what i did,beacuse that looks axactly like my code,feel free to use it any way you like,the way i did it was simply to hide the objects that make up the physx abjects and then each loop position your 3d models at the hidden objects positions and set object to object orientation so every thing matches up and the wheels spin.
just remeber that the sizes of your models must match the ones used for the physx objects are you may end up looking like your wheels are stuck in the floor.
If you want to try it your way just remeber that you will have to change all the limb offset commands to match the size of your objects.
If you get stuck and you dont mind,post me up you model and i`ll have a look for you.
Good look with whatever project your on with.
Edit:
Just remembered why i did it my way,because to add the wheel limbs you need a mesh,and my wheel objects i made were allready textured, and make mesh from object loses all the texturing uv data,so my nice spoked wheel textures didnt look nice any more.
computer001
Years of Service
User Offline
can I simply do like a bone to make that the model will make exactly wath the physic object made?

Or can I remplace the physic object by 3D model and limb the 3D model and not the physic object?

please if you have any solution I will realy like it beacose i'm not a pro in dark basic pro and I don't know if its is possible to make that and how.

thanks for the help paul5147
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 10:04
As long as you build your object in the same way as i have done it should work.
1 object to represent the chasis and 4 limbs to represent the wheels in the order i have used them in the code.
The problems allways happen with the orientation of the models that are built by some 3d modeling apps.
Have a look at the example vehicle thats included with dark physx,and the code that goes along with it,vehicle arena i think its called,the buggy they have used for that if you just load it into dbpro and view it,its pointing at the floor!
Some where on here is an app someone wrote to load in your vehicle model and with a little bit of pointing and clicking it would give you all the setup info needed to get it working,have a look for that it comes in very handy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:17:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:17:12