Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Encroaching fog / receeding fog

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 15:12
Right i'm not sure how well i'll be able to explain this but here goes...
I have a hallway that gradually gets darker, once you get to the end (pitch black) you automatically get turned 180 degrees and start walking back the way you came.

what i want to do is make fog gradually close in / get closer to you as you go one direction but i want it to receed when you face the other direction. i had managed to work out a routine that did work... BUT it only works if you walk all the way to the end of the hall, i'm figuring that some people might decide not to walk all the way and turn around and walk back.

does that make sense?

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2010 23:29
Textured plains with alpha transparency. Move a few of them around each other, maybe scrolling their textures slowly to give a nice rolling effect.

Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 13:49
i appear to be having trouble with the PLAINS idea, when i walk though the plains all is well and good but they don't build up darkness, i can still see the "lit" area perfectly fine through it all

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2010 10:14
AH Problem solved, not quite in the way i wanted it, but it has pretty much the desired effect.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:18:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:18:12