Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Simple Animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have DarkMatter. It comes with a bunch of characters. What is the simplest code I would need to display one of those images and have it animate?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 11:28 Edited at: 7th Jul 2010 19:02

Don't think you can get much simpler than that

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 16:36
Actually, loading the object and looping it does not need to be in the loop:

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 19:02
@LBFN:
Well spotted dude, I can't believe I made such an obvious error. I've corrected it now. Apologies to the OP if it caused any issues.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 20:46
=PRoF=

Thanks Sometimes a second set of eyes is all you need.

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I can see the image, but it's black on a blue background.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2010 15:24
Is there a texture(s) available for the object, I assume? If so, make sure it is in the same folder as the object and try it again. If that still doesn't work, try loading the texture in separately (as an image), and texturing the object with it. Like this:

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I was able to get the image loading in the dungeon. I have it using the "attack" animation. But I notice that there is no object in their hand. What's up with that? How do I get a sword or something in their hand?

So, these are the things I want to do. I'm looking for general direction, not complete solutions.

1) Put a weapon in the villain's hand.
2) Put a weapon in MY hand.
3) Detect when there is a "collision".
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 21:23 Edited at: 9th Jul 2010 21:26
You're welcome......

The DarkMATTER models do not have 'bones' so you cannot simply use the GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB command. You will have to make inquiry for the limb position and place the weapon object there (or you could add a skeleton in a modeling program). You will also have to rotate it correctly. I would suggest this course of action:

1.) Use PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR OBJECT LIMBS, along with CHECKLIST QUANTITY()-1 to determine how many limbs there are for the object.
2.) Place the weapon at each limb location until you determine which limb is the hand you want.
3.) Rotate the weapon so that it is angled correctly.
4.) DBP has built-in collision commands, which can be used. However, most coders use Sparky's collision. Link: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74762&b=5

badkneecap
Years of Service
User Offline
This is great, thanks! Sorry, I thanked you for the help in an earlier post, but it somehow never made it. All my messages are delayed.

Thanks again.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2010 21:56
No worries.

I could only find the DarkMATTER models from the first pack on my computer and I think all three packs are similar. It is possible that DarkMATTER 2 and/or 3 have boned models, but I'm not sure on that. My suggestions will work for the first pack for sure.

For boned objects, use the GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB command (you will have to pre-rotate it in order to get it to look right). Let me know if you need help with this.

LB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:23:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:23:15