Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with DBPro No-Media RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I do a no-media rpg? someone can post an example or something and I can work off of that.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 20:45
The same as an RPG with media I suppose, except you'd either have to create your own graphics using code instead of loading them in; or perhaps be really really old school and just use text

maicl
Years of Service
User Offline
its too hard and wasting of your time ..
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 20:52
Quote: "its too hard and wasting of your time .."

Agreed.....An RPG would take a lot of time to put together without having to make all of the images from scratch. This would simply add more work for you to do.

Why do you want to make it without media, if I may ask? It seems like creating the graphics with a drawing program would be labor-intensive enough. Doing it with DBP primitive drawing commands would take much longer.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2010 21:22
@Maicl & LBFN:

Actually, I think an RPG would be a fairly simple place for a fairly competent newcomer to start.

There's no need for troublesome collision, ultra slick screen updating or anything "tricky" really; all you need is a good solid understanding of variables and arrays (and a fair bit of planning with pen and paper beforehand) and a fair grasp of the fundamentals.

Spritzen
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually in the DBPro challenge thread there are tons of examples of how to do things without media. I'd suggest looking through that to get some ideas. There even was an RPG no media challenge somewhere in there.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=48011&b=1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:29:25