Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Unresolved External Symbol

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright. So here's an annoying error I've been trying to fix. Basically, I'm creating a simple 2D engine. I've been working it on it for an hour or two, but I've hit an error I just can't seem to get rid of. So first, here's the code:

Sorry about my commenting, it's only semi-commented. (Enough for me to understand everything.) If you need help understanding anything, just ask away. Now, back to the error. Every time I compile the code, I get the following error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "bool __cdecl CheckCollision(int,int)" (?CheckCollision@@YA_NHH@Z) referenced in function "int __cdecl Gravity(int,int,int)" (?Gravity@@YAHHHH@Z)

What exactly is it telling me? I've got all the functions declared, so it shouldn't have any issues finding the functions. So how exactly do I fix this?

Thanks!
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2010 03:48 Edited at: 10th Jul 2010 03:54
You have "bool __cdecl CheckCollision(int,int)" declared, but you have "bool __cdecl CheckCollisions(int,int)" defined. Rename the definition (remove the extra 's').

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.”
-Gavin Russell Baker
MPQC
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, great! Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 09:58:55
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 09:58:55