Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2.5 D Platformer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Iv posted afew times in the other forums but only just found this one. Are there any good tutorials for platform games that use 3D modles? Iv got the basics done for the most part, but I just want to see better or diffrent ways to do things. Plus it would help for the parts I am having trouble with like enemies thanks for the help
Dia
Years of Service
User Offline
check the newsletter.

starting from Issue 62 there is a whole series of how to make a platformer (think there are about 8 or 10 parts to the tute in subsequent issues)

check em out!

This is not the Sig you are looking for....
Camronas
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok iv come a far way but now have come across a strange issue iv been looking at this for ages but can't seem to find my problem

My issue is with the player. At the bottom of the code youll see a function called "updatePosition" this is ment to be used to determin if the player is colliding will a platform thus changing his current x,y to be the previous x,y that wasnt colliding with the platform. I know higher up is a gravity function which dose basicly this already but i want to get rid of that so I can just use this methoid as it works for both x and y not just y.
My issue is that only the first platform seems to be effected, the side collision is perfect and works as i would hope, but I can move left or right on it. The other to platforms arnt effected. Iv looked at this for hours and cant see why, any help would be great thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:22:06