Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Important Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2003 18:36
I'd like to know-does this website use frames? I've been messing around with menus for my own site and i've made a vertical one with the menu option to the right, same style as the one here. However the Frames on my site appear over the pop-up menu. Anyone Know the code to fix this? (i know you can use pop-up in Interent Exploerer 6 or something, but i'd rather have my site compatible with more than just one browser.) Does this website use frames or tables?

Your soul...it tastes like chicken
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2003 18:59
View the source and see?

No, it doesn't use frames.. horrible bloody things.

Yes it does use tables.

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2003 19:23
Yeah i was looking at the source code...thanks very much. It's ok i'm going to change the Menu system to one that scrolls down when you click on it. My site currently has 4 frames and uses JavaScript to handle them all. Talk about hell...i've been working on it for ages and it still doesn't work properly. I'm begining to see that a lot can be done with tables, though...anyway, i'll post the link on this site when i finally get everything running. Thanks Rich -DivW

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2003 20:15
Frames these days are a no-no. They are search-engine unfriendly, and you need to code them to ensure no-one gets just one frame of your site, out of context.

A search engine will index frames separately, and the user will then have to be redirected to the home page to untangle the mess. Your ranking will also be adversely affected, as it will be interpreted as included content.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 02:26
Frames weren't any good in the first place. I'm having a lot of trouble with the site structure now. JavaScript can't handle this Java Reference without crashing my Explorer Bar.

DivW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 02:28
Argh. Me bloody server's down. AGAIN. Can't wait till my own is up. Having trouble inplimenting PHP script into Apache. Hopefully everything will be up soon...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:31:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:31:44