Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error when compiling.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Regarding my previous issue with not being able to compile I've setup a dedicated XP (32-bit) development machine with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 installed. Whenever I try and compile it on the XP machine now I get numerous errors as follows:

Failed to get device caps

Failed to find valid stencil buffer

Unable to create device

Unable to setup 3D device

Then a load of access violation errors.
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Um, code would be nice... We need to see *what* you are trying to do and then maybe we can help determine the cause...

Without code, you won't get much help as we have no idea as to what you are trying to do...

From my experience, I've never seen any of these errors (except some access violation errors relating to objects that I haven't yet created - but even for those, we need to see some code)...

Quote: "
Failed to get device caps

Failed to find valid stencil buffer

Unable to create device
"

As for these errors, are you sure you have the correct version of DirectX? What version of GDK are you using? What other libraries are you trying to use?

We need more information if you want any help...

JTK
the kakester
Years of Service
User Offline
I was having the same errors for a while just now. My game had worked fine for a long time, but then I was given errors. It turned out that I was using to much video memory. I was running multiple 3D manipulation programs (3ds max, milkshape, and 3d world studio) when I closed them, The errors went away. If you still cant get it working, I suggest using a different computer or upgrading video memory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:00:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:00:31