Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9](V117) Hornets Revelation.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 18:17 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 13:55
Developer/s: TheCoolGuy

Story:
"Ugh... Where am I?
Is anyone there?"
My name is Jake Roberts. I can't remember anything... Where I am... How I got here... My best bet is to have a look for someone else... Maybe they can help."

Feature List:

GUN LIST/STATS:
Rusty Crowbar

LED Minitorch

G22 Pistol

Vz61 Scorpion SMG

Scoped G36c Light Assault Rifle

M4 Heavy Assault Carbine w/ Eotech Holographic sight

M32 Grenade Launcher Built-in Scope

M249A Light Machine Gun

WITH MIGRATION (hopefully)
Motion Blur
Melee
Film Grain Full-Screen Shader

Levels:

Key:
-Finished
-In Progress
-Not Started

First Screenshot

Second Screeny
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/112/snapshot2co.png

Third Screeny
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7638/snapshot3y.png

Fourth Screeny
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9356/snapshot4e.png

Fifth Screeny
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3649/snapshot5n.png
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 18:51 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 18:52
First of all:

change this...

Quote: "Feature List:
Full airmod support-
Bloom-
Wall/Entity Shaders-
Gun Shaders-
Extremely Scary, whilst still action-packed gameplay-
Large array of weapons-
Full Voice Acting-

WITH MIGRATION (hopefully)
Motion Blur
Depth of Field
"

to this...

Feature List:
Extremely Scary, whilst still action-packed gameplay-
Large array of weapons-
Full Voice Acting-

Because i am sure u are not shader developer, so gun and wall entity shaders are made or by bond or by others.
Also bloom and airmod and such is made by airslide and/or by TGC, so not ur features.

Second:

Let me pretend this is not a fast game for showin v1.17...

The bloom is way to high in first and second image, but perfect in third image, try to find a balance.

The light color in second image is nice, and gives a nice cool/warm feeling. First is a bit off, but third looks good aswell.

About entity placement, theres nothing to say about as there are no entitys (almost none).

The segment use, well looks good, but should use some more work, if u are using shaders for wall (if it is a shader including normal map support) then i suggest fix ur normal map. Textures should use some more work on it too.

Story is okay!

All i can say is; keep it up!

TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2010 19:00 Edited at: 12th Jul 2010 19:02
Quote: "Because i am sure u are not shader developer, so gun and wall entity shaders are made or by bond or by others.
Also bloom and airmod and such is made by airslide and/or by TGC, so not ur features."

I did not say that I made them, i'm saying that this game has them, hence Full Airmod Support. But I will put credit now for those who made them.

The bloom is the same in all the pictures, it just shows more in the first picture, but I am definately thinking about toning it down. There are entities placed in the game, still few for the moment as I want an empty-ish effect to this level of the game. There are just not many shown in the screenshots.

It actually isn't just a quick game to show off V117, I am going to make this a large, atleast 6 level game.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Keep it up then!

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2010 11:47
Nice keep it up!

Abdul Ahad
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 15:28
Bump. Read first post.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 15:40
Whoa I forgot about this! Love the screens.

Abdul Ahad
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 17:32 Edited at: 25th Jul 2010 17:33
WOW! Somehow over 300 views and only 7 (well 8 now) posts... Lol...
Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 17:43
Like the new revamp more!
Keep it up!

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
Kalinka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 17:48
Quote: "Undecided as of this moment."

that means you are making a horror/survival game.

TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 17:58
Quote: "that means you are making a horror/survival/action game."

Fixed

Yeah, only a few reasons I decided to start again. One reason is that I started making a random map and I liked it, so I decided to stay with it. Second reason is that I suck at making a spaceship scenario . Last reason is because I didn't particularly like the old plot.
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2010 13:39 Edited at: 1st Aug 2010 14:11
Edit to first post!

Added weapon list with seperate statistics for each weapon (including damage, accuracy etc).
Also added a small note for each giving more information about the gun and how it is best used.
Added a small teaser of the story.
Deltayo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "G22 Pistol

Damage: 1.5/5
Accuracy: 5/5
Rate of fire: 2/5
Reload Quantity: 12 (13 Chambered)
Notes: This semi-automatic pistol is very weak, but pinpoint accurate. It has a big clip size and ammuntion is very common."

First correction, magazine not clip. The Glock 22 is not a weak pistol my friend, it is chambered for .40 S&W which is a pretty strong round (refer below for considerable damage changes). Also, considering the Glock 22's 4.6 inch barrel, I don't understand why you are giving it such a high accuracy value over the other guns like the G36c for example.

Quote: "Vz61 Scorpion SMG

Damage: 2/5
Accuracy: 3/5
Rate of fire: 5/5
Reload Quantity: 20
Notes: The Vz61 Scorpion has a very high rate of fire and a low ammunition capacity, it is very useful in close quarters situation as it is very accurate and can pump mass damage to an enemy as fast as possible."

The Skorpion vz. 61 fires a .32 ACP round, which is a smaller and weaker round than the Glock 22's .40 S&W cartridge. So you should either increase damage for the glock or decrease the damage for the Skorpion.

Quote: "Scoped G36c Light Assault Rifle

Damage: 2/5
Accuracy: 4/5
Rate of fire: 4/5
Reload Quantity: 30 (31 Chambered round)
Notes: The G36c Light Assault Rifle is fully automatic. This gun is very accurate and has a high rate of fire, the downside to this gun is the low damage caused.

M4 Heavy Assault Carbine w/ Eotech Holographic sight

Damage: 4/5
Accuracy: 5/5
Rate of fire: 1.5/5
Reload Quantity: 15 (16 Chambered)
Notes: This semi-automatic assault rifle is deadly accurate and very powerful, ammunition is usually found on dead guard bodies as this gun is one of the main guns used by the facility guards.
"

Why does the M4A1 have more damage than the G36c? They both fire a 5.56x45mm Cartridge so it should be around the same. I'm pretty sure you are using one of the M4A1's in MP9/10. Correct me If I am wrong. I looked at the weapon models and I see they have 30 round magazines and are automatic. You might wanna change that, unless you actually intend the weapons to fire semi-automatically. If you do, you should disguise the weapon as an AR-15 instead.

Quote: "M32 Grenade Launcher Built-in Scope

Damage: 5/5
Accuracy: 2/5
Rate of fire: 2/5
Reload Quantity: 6
Notes: Very useful and powerful, this semi-auto grenade launcher causes mass damage over a short time, but ammunition is extremely rare.
"

I all I gotta ask, is why you made the M32 not so accurate? It is a very accurate weapon,

Quote: "M249A Heavy Machine Gun

Damage: 3.5/5
Accuracy: 1/5
Rate of fire: 4/5
Reload Quantity: 75
Notes: This strong, fast firing heavy machine gun has alot of recoil and is hard to control. It is very innacurate but has a high ammunition capacity, ammo is found very rarely in small supplies.
"

The M249 is not a Heavy Machine Gun (Heavy Machine Guns "HMG" are mounted on vehicles or tripods and fire heavy rounds such as .50 BMG or a Russian 12.7mm round.) Light Machine Guns "LMG" like the M249 are machine guns that can be operated by a single operator. 200 round belts from ammo boxes are more common. The M249 can also be accurate in short manageable bursts. Only when you fire in long bursts of around 15 or more rounds it starts becoming inaccurate.

All in all, you should make these changes if you wish to pursue a more realistic game. If you made these weapons these ways for balancing purposes, that's alright as well.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 09:53 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 09:54
Yea well modern game weapons have gotten new properties to have their ups and downs for more interesting play,otherwise everyone would stick with an M4.

BTW looks quite good.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 11:57
Quote: "First correction, magazine not clip"

I just stopped reading your post at that point... gun nitpicking... again....

The screens look cool, keep it up

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 13:54
@Deltayo

I know these specs aren't realistic. I didn't want to make the guns exactly like in real life, I want them to all be unique and make them more balanced. I do know some things about guns, but not as much as you do
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 14:04
Quote: "Quote: "First correction, magazine not clip"
I just stopped reading your post at that point... gun nitpicking... again....

The screens look cool, keep it up "

Its not gun nitpicking, its facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzmVJ1rXD9U
I think Errant or someone showed this video last time someone said clip instead of magazine.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 14:18
Quote: "Its not gun nitpicking, its facts"

well... it's still nitpicking... the name doesen't matter, as long as you have some clips/magazines or whatever you want to call them.
"Hey, I'm outta ammo, hand me another clip!"
"It's called magazine!"
"Whatever, just give me one!"
"No, say the real name!"
"C'mon, I'm dying out here!"
"Say it!"
"Ok! Ok! Mag-"BOOM! SPLAT!
"Didn't hear you say it..."

My old YouTube account got deleted. My new account is called MetalFPSC. thanks for your time!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:24:29
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:24:29