Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2D Graphics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I've been working with the dark GDK and I really like it. I'm working on a project right not and the coding is going great, but what really gets me stuck is the graphics. I just can't seem to be good enough to create quality graphics. How do the pro's do it? How are people able to create clean graphics like on this game:

http://www.limexgames.com/games/cargo_bridge/

What programs do they use? Any help would be very much appreciated

Learning C++
Proud member of www.codecall.com
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
I was looking around and found a great art tool called Inc-Scape (check it out here: http://www.inkscape.org/download/?lang=en and I was wondering if (and how) you could use images made or edited using inc-scape. Any information would be great!

Learning C++
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 11:47
I think Inkscape is a vector-based drawing app (didn't look it up now) like CorelDraw right? This means that you have to export your drawings to raster graphics images (=bitmaps) first, before you can use them in DarkGDK. I don't know this app really, but you should be able to export to BMP, PNG, etc.
But that's just the technical part, the other is the art itself. You have to be good at that to achieve graphics with a decent quality you know
I think if that's the kind of info you desire, this thread would fit better on the 2D board rather than DarkGDK...

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
it is vector-based graphics, and your right you can export as bitmap. How nice I know I'm not the best artist or even that good, but even when I make a simple sprite and load it onto the screen it has pixels missing. It looks fine in MS paint, but when I load it onto my game it looked terrible... Anyway I'm hoping the skill of computer graphics will come over the years of game programming. Thanks for your post!

PS. didn't know there was a 2D forum

Learning C++

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 10:13:28
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 10:13:28