Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / side scroller quiz game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
they needed me to make a quiz game for the kids at church about the prodigal son.

so I made this little game.
hopefully all the media is distributable.
got the sprites from reiners tile sets
wav files from various internet sites
and the background music was some free version of flight of the butterfly.

anyway you can make the questions anything you want just edit the question txt file (just keep the questions in the same format)

sorry for the spaghetti code it was kind of a rush job so it wasn't
the most organized code.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pollywog
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry forgot to mention move with the arrow keys fire with the space bar
answer questions with the mouse
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 11:06
That's pretty good but I had to edit your code a bit so it didn't blink like crazy. You always have to use SYNC ON if you want to control the screen updates. If you don't use SYNC ON using SYNC doesn't matter because the screen automatically updates when anything is changed on the screen. I put the SYNC RATE at zero so it would SYNC as fast as the computer can handle it... use any number to cap the FPS at whatever number you want if it's too fast.

I put RANDOMIZE TIMER() at the top of your code because it's really only needed to be seen once (you put it inside a DO/LOOP where it does it over and over again).

The code must of been an older version because your array was too small for the amount of sprites you wanted. I remed off the SYNC OFF since you don't really want to stop controlling the screen updates once you start. And you really don't need all those variables GLOBAL since you aren't using any functions.

Here's your code modified:

By the way I didn't see any spaghetti code since you didn't use GOTO so you're doing good.

pollywog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey thanks alot that works alot better
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 04:55
Np

Login to post a reply