Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Installing products as a first time user?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 19:37
Hi all,

Today I recieved some of my products, excluding (FPS creator which will arrive by post!) and need a little help with file/folder structure for installing some things please. I am new to this but not a complete computer newbie, I use Blender (etc)to give you some idea. The documentation did not seem to cover newbies not knowing where some of the files go!

My products are:
1. Dark Game Studio Bonanza.
2. FPS Creator Bonanza - no issue yet as I am awaiting delivery.

Basically (to keep this post as short as pos): where do I put the folders/files that are in the smaller box? (please see bottom of attached image via download link) Many thanks for any help in advance

PSark Collection is in C\Dark Collection\

[img]null[/img]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2010 23:45
PPS...

I have just uninstalled everything and re-installed in to default dirs, but I am still stuck with the problem of knowing where to put these `spare` files?

Hope someone can help, many thanks again
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 02:37
Hi, unless their causing you problems, I don't really see any need to move them. Also if you move them from their default path, what ever uses those files, e.g DBPro, may not be able to locate them and that could cause runtime errors if DBPro tries to access them.

So unless you really need to move them, I would just leave them there.

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 04:39
I think you misunderstand me my friend (maybe I was not clear in my explination, sorry) Basically (if you have seen the attached image) the situation is this..

I paid for the various products which were delivered electronicaly. I downloaded the zip files and extracted them in to thier seperate folders using win rar. Most of the folders contained documents on what to do/how to install and all whent fine with them. But after installing all the programs/updates that came as .exe files I was left with a few unzipped folders (containing no documentation at all) that are clearly imortant items/updates to componants I just installed. I simply do not know what folder goes in which product folder/where?

I will list each folder contents if it helps some one help me but dont want to waste ppls time or give them too much to read!

Keeping it as short as possible I am left with the following folders (after unzipping the rar files) and dont know thier destination due nto lack of documentation.

Folders in limbo are:

ClothParticles
Dark_Physics_GDK_260509
Dark_Shader_GDK_Runtime_V1
DarkPhysics_GDK_261108
ShaderData_160210

Clearly Dark_Physics_GDK_260509 goes in one of the DarkPhysics folders/subfolders but where? Same for ShaderData_160210 going in to one of the folders/sub folders in DarkShader dir and so on. Without knowing exactly where they go, the installation is clearly incomplete. I want a `healthy` install of all my products but as I am a new comer to this program how can I know where things `should` go with out docs covering this! More to the point, as a newbie/learner, I dont want to get down the line only to find my installation missing vital parts or being currupt while using tutorial files when I call on a command that requires a feature incorrectly installed

Products I purchased are:

Dark Game Studio Bonanza..

DarkBASIC Professional
Dark Lights
Dark AI
Dark Physics
DarkBASIC Electronic
Dark Shader
eXtends
Treemagik G3
Plant Life
Character Shop
Cartography Shop
DarkMATTER 1
DarkVOICES
DarkGAME Studio
FPS Creator FREE

I also ordered FPS Creator Bonanza which I am told will arrive via royal mail, excluding the model packs which I can download but will not do until the FPS Creator arrives!

Sorry about length of reply, just wanted to make it clearer for anyone trying to help, Hope I did?
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 04:49
I think you misunderstand me my friend (maybe I was not clear in my explination, sorry) Basically (if you have seen the attached image) the situation is this..

I paid for the various products which were delivered electronicaly. I downloaded the zip files and extracted them in to thier seperate folders using win rar. Most of the folders contained documents on what to do/how to install and all whent fine with them. But after installing all the programs/updates that came as .exe files I was left with a few unzipped folders (containing no documentation at all) that are clearly imortant items/updates to componants I just installed. I simply do not know what folder goes in which product folder/where?

I will list each folder contents if it helps some one help me but dont want to waste ppls time or give them too much to read!

Keeping it as short as possible I am left with the following folders (after unzipping the rar files) and dont know thier destination due nto lack of documentation.

Folders in limbo are:

ClothParticles
Dark_Physics_GDK_260509
Dark_Shader_GDK_Runtime_V1
DarkPhysics_GDK_261108
ShaderData_160210

Clearly Dark_Physics_GDK_260509 goes in one of the DarkPhysics folders/subfolders but where? Same for ShaderData_160210 going in to one of the folders/sub folders in DarkShader dir and so on. Without knowing exactly where they go, the installation is clearly incomplete. I want a `healthy` install of all my products but as I am a new comer to this program how can I know where things `should` go with out docs covering this! More to the point, as a newbie/learner, I dont want to get down the line only to find my installation missing vital parts or being currupt while using tutorial files when I call on a command that requires a feature incorrectly installed

Products I purchased are:

Dark Game Studio Bonanza..

DarkBASIC Professional
Dark Lights
Dark AI
Dark Physics
DarkBASIC Electronic
Dark Shader
eXtends
Treemagik G3
Plant Life
Character Shop
Cartography Shop
DarkMATTER 1
DarkVOICES
DarkGAME Studio
FPS Creator FREE

I also ordered FPS Creator Bonanza which I am told will arrive via royal mail, excluding the model packs which I can download but will not do until the FPS Creator arrives!

Sorry about length of reply, just wanted to make it clearer for anyone trying to help, Hope I did?
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 06:58
oops!, firefox crashed n we ended up with a double post! I cant remove it until my newbie status enhances ...Sorry!
Orion_Uk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 08:03
Ok, I have resolved my problem (I hope) by looking at my invoice/product list. This helped point me in the right direction with file/folder locations

Thread can be closed thank mods
PVC PIPE DE THIRD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2010 23:42
how long does it take to get the FPS creator mailed to Rhode Island?
In normal time or Business, any.

I bought it on September 4, 2010.

Peter-V Machado-Cullerton
SilkNikita
Years of Service
User Offline
I wouldn't close this just yet ......

I was having the same problem and cant find anything in the invoice folder to point me into the right direction
thanks
Sasbian

~;SilkNikita;~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:22:38