Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help for a project.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually took a class where we used DarkBasic, but alas, I'm not familiar with the newest version >_> I think what I'm going for is quite simple, but I'm essentially the definition of n00b right now.

Basically, what I want to do, is take the logs from a chat (in .txt format if it matters), and copy/paste the text from the logs into DarkBasic. I then want to have the text start on a random line, and scroll down on a loop. (ie, the text shows up about halfway through the logs, then scrolls to the bottom, then goes to the beginning and continues.. next time, it starts 7/16 through the logs, and scrolls to the bottom, then goes to the beginning and continues.

thanks in advance! =D
zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2010 01:08
I'm not sure what you mean. o_O This is not the prettiest code in the world, but is the outcome of this something that you are looking for?

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:18