Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question on software setup,

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, as I am programming my first game (Happy 1-day anniversary), I have noticed something. On the sidebar, there is a little folder thing (you know, the sidebar where you can go to your todos and such). I am just wondering. When you can create Projects, can you connect the files in the project in a way?

I hope that makes sense. I'll try to explain it again. The sidebar with the folder containing your project's files. Is there a ways to connect your files in another file in the project folder?

That is as much as I can think of in ways to describe it. It isn't an urgent problem, but would be helpful to know in the future. Thanks!
Avo
Years of Service
User Offline
You could copy/paste your files manually into a folder in the projects directory and use the long path i suppose.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2010 02:35
Hi, I'm assuming that either you are trying to use multiple source code files to create your program, whick is perfectly ok or wishing to add external media e.g images, 3D objects etc.

To use multiple source code files open up your Solution Explorer, right-click on the projects folder and add or import the file you wish to include in your project, note that these have to be .dba source files and located in the projects folder (if it isn't already just copy/paste into the projects folder). You should now be able to use functions and subroutines from the included folder.

If you are trying to add media, images etc, then open up the media tab and click the folder icon to add media, again it is easier if the media is already located in your projects folder. This eliminates the need for a long path when loading the desired media.

Hope this helps

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:35:25