Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / 3d models - Slow Loading Time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2010 20:01 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2010 20:17
Hello

I am in the second week on my programming course in the DMA camp. We have started working with the Dark GDK library, but I have encountered we've encountered a problem. I loaded the colonel model that comes with Dark GDK by default and it takes me about 1 minute to start up, this is 1 model!

I have started working on my final project which will use even more models, surely there must be a workaround that makes it load faster!

Delete this please, I posted in the wrong section

Thanks in advance for any help, Anton
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2010 13:06
Hi

This is the DarkBASIC Classic board, maybe you should ask this question on the Dark GDK board:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=22

As to the model, please post the following info:

-How many textures has it got?
-How big are the textures?
-How many polygons has the model got?
-If the model is animated, how many frames has it got?

TheComet

scar164
Years of Service
User Offline
-How many textures has it got?
-How big are the textures?
-How many polygons has the model got?
-If the model is animated, how many frames has it got?

It is the ColonelX.X model which comes with the standard Dark GDK install and is used in one of the tutorials as an example. It is animated, and I do not think it is high-poly.

I really think it has to do with the source code because when I downloaded another Dark GDK game made by some one else, he had that model and even more other models and it took only 3 seconds to load on this computer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:07:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:07:13