Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [darkgdk] Solid or not? - limit move camera on axis Y?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

My name is Darius and I have a problem with the solidity of objects ..

when load an object is in 3ds or directx format

and start debugging my character can go through: (walls, stairs, etc.)

There is a command indicating the soundness of this item? to do so that my camera does not go through?

I have another question ..

I was wondering if anyone knew show me how to limit the rotation of the mouse down to "Y" axis (eg not exceed 90 degrees)??

and so also up ... ^ ^

thank you in advance and I apologize for the inconvenience.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2010 00:21
These is by default no collision detection with objects. There are some poor built in commands, but I recommend you look into Sparky's collision, or a physics engine.

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2010 08:45
so you dont want the camera to go through objects? well, don't move the camera directly, create a box (or any shape), and move it as if it is the camera, and at the end of the loop, position the camera inside this box (so it won't be visible)

now how could that help? you can easily check collision between objects, so simply check if the box is colliding with some object, if so then the camera is colliding with the object, you should perform an action (move backwards or whatever)

also, it would be easier and more efficient to use a physics plugin (like fulcrum physics or dark physics) or a collision plugin (sparky's collision), it would save much of your time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-04 09:50:53
Your offset time is: 2024-07-04 09:50:53