Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Here's my Pathfinder Demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not very robust yet, but this took me ALOT of work to figure out. Every time you want to make a new path you have to close the program and reopen, just because I havent programming it to erase the current path and start from the current square yet. This has been a very frustrating project! Let me know what you think.
This is going to go hand in hand with the Horror RPG I'm making.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dimension
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like a great start. Sometimes what I do when I find myself at a dead end or want to optimize my code is to start over and re-write the code using the old code as reference. So far now that I started using C++ I haven't had to do this yet.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2010 05:37 Edited at: 6th Aug 2010 14:16
You might want to look at this. It's a cross platform, fully optimized, C++ A* algorithm library. Might cut down on some coding the next time you want to have path finding.

EDIT:I forgot to tell you that you did a good job on that pathfinding in your demo. Good job!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 09:16:15
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 09:16:15