Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / How can i make sidescrolling games on MultiMedia Fusion 2?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How can i make sidescrolling games on multimedia fusion 2? you know, games like, MEGA MAN, SUPER MARIO BROS., and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. so can you please answer me and help me out? you can even give me the link to a video that may help me.

STEVENPUNCHOUT
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 4th Aug 2010 06:35
You should probably go to their forums on their website... which isn't here at The Game Creators since TGC didn't make it.

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/

KaiProton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2010 08:53
Its actually pretty simple in MMF1.5 / 2

Ive got a 80% completed Baddudes Vs. Dragon ninja Engine in MMF2,
I say 80%, I got 1 or 2 players working, and got as far as I writing the AI for the Bad guys, and I kinda lost interest,

anyway, Checkout www.create-games.com for tons and tons of help on MMF's

but start with the detectors for collision, and then gravity, thats how I wrote mine, once the jump/duck/fall are working, Fast loops or not, the rest will plop into place,
with regards to scrolling, personally I, center the scrolling on an object that isnt the player,
and when the players X is greater than the object, the move the object along the X axis, this gives the effect of Street of Rage type scrolling,
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2010 08:43
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/img/uploads/tutorials/download/scrolling_tutorial.pdf

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:31:22