Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / texture transparacy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
this is probably a stupid question but when I texture a object with a red translucent texture then set object transparency it works fine until you look through it to another object that is textured but has no kind of transparency the object becomes transparent (but only if your looking through the translucent object)

sorry if that didn't make any sense, and my code is just loading the object, loading the image then texturing the object, and I have tried various different ways of loading things in different order, any help would be great thx

bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure you are texturing the right objects, and setting the right objects transparency. i am having a bit of trouble understanding your problem, so let me see if i have this right:

two objects, object A, object B.
two textures, A and B
texture A is transparent red, B is non-descript
object A is textured with texture A, and set to transparent. object b is textured with texture B. object a is placed between the camera and object B, object B becomes transparent as well.

also, if you want an easy transparent object, just make a regular texture, apply it, and use "dbGhostObjectOn(object_id);".

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm
robster
Years of Service
User Offline
@bloodmage2 yep u got tht about ryt sorry i shud have put it the way u did and object B will become invisible and object B's texture is solid and this will happen with the same texture looking through any trainsparent object (i think ) thx for the help but im pretty sure iv textured the right things

bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
well, if you textured everything correctly, i would suggest just using dbGhostObjectOn, as it does exactly what you are trying to do, just much easier.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 09:35:43
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 09:35:43