Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] A Tale of Horror (DOWNLOADABLE DEMO)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 03:35 Edited at: 16th Aug 2010 08:11
A Tale of Horror [x9] v1.1

This is a project I started for fun.
It is a horror game, obviously, and contains lots of creepy noises and dimly lit rooms. This is just a one level demo of what I am working on. It uses ragdolls, since it was made with v1.17.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3rn59cohbrdw5vx

Story:
None! If there is anything I suck really bad at its writing stories.

Screenshots:

Credits:
I designed the whole map.
The one enemy is from by TGC. It was free.
In-game music is "Fear My Friend" by SunSatION
Machete weapon is by Cyborg ART

EDIT: This is also my first game that I ever bothered to put effort into.

EDIT2: THERE! NO MUSIC FOR THE MENUS!

So tell me what you think!

Sorry, my name is supposed to be holycrap13. I don't know how it got to be holy13. Believe me!
FPS Creator Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Im Downloading Now Pleace Check out my Upcoming game BioWaste
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 05:26
A little empty isn't it? I'll try the demo tonight.

Abdul Ahad
holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A little empty isn't it?"

Do you mean that in a good, bad, or joking way?
u mean like there are no enemies? it's supposed to be like that.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 06:35 Edited at: 9th Aug 2010 06:36
no he means the entities were so few just pure segments and lighting which looks kinda boring and uninteresting try to add some entities and light source
Quote: "no enemies? it's supposed to be like that."
this game won't be as good definitely when your solving a puzzle or anything else in an empty world and by the way your lighting is pretty good that's the only thing that gave a life in this game so well... you have a long way to go into improving this game I cannot judge its future since it is only a demo maybe next time you'll do better
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 18:24 Edited at: 9th Aug 2010 18:31
I mean that there's nothing in the hallway or the terrace-ish pic. Add a little depth into the level. That's what I mean.

I apologize for being "rude-ish".

Abdul Ahad
holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 19:05 Edited at: 9th Aug 2010 21:02
Quote: "this game won't be as good definitely when your solving a puzzle or anything else in an empty world and by the way your lighting is pretty good that's the only thing that gave a life in this game so well... you have a long way to go into improving this game I cannot judge its future since it is only a demo maybe next time you'll do better"

I see what you mean, but what entities would I put in a hallway? besides wall furniture?
btw in case you misunderstood, there ARE enemies, they just come unexpectedly. And I started working on the second level just so you know, I think you will be pleased with it if you want more entities. Just one thing. What kind of entities do you think should go on the bottom level of the chateau?

Sorry, my name is supposed to be holycrap13. I don't know how it got to be holy13. Believe me!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Valve, that song is free... or we are with a pirate once again, YAAR!

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Im Downloading Now Pleace Check out my Upcoming game BioWaste"

Stop advertising your game in other people's threads.
holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Valve, that song is free... or we are with a pirate once again, YAAR!"

It's not pirated unless you do not give credit or you sell it without paying the creator or at least getting permission to sell it.

and it actually is free, sort of. if you have Portal then find the portalcontent.gcf in steamapps and use GCFScape to open them.

sourcesounds.gcf for hl2

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
It is piracy in a way because you illegally ripped media from the game. You can't release a game with their media.
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 21:10
Quote: "Quote: "Valve, that song is free... or we are with a pirate once again, YAAR!"

It's not pirated unless you do not give credit or you sell it without paying the creator or at least getting permission to sell it.

and it actually is free, sort of. if you have Portal then find the portalcontent.gcf in steamapps and use GCFScape to open them.

sourcesounds.gcf for hl2
"

lol

holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It is piracy in a way because you illegally ripped media from the game. You can't release a game with their media. "

you guys I'm not going to be selling this game! it cant be illegal if I credit them and not sell it

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it can. Stealing something and giving it away, whether you make money off of it or not, is still piracy. I would get rid of the said media as soon as possible from your game if you wish to give it to anyone.
holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
crap...! ok ill change it.

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2010 22:25
Quote: "Im Downloading Now Pleace Check out my Upcoming game BioWaste"

Please,FPSC Games,come back in a couple of years when you grow up because advertising your games in other peoples threads is just very sad,

Contact me in Skype,name- nejcplan
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2010 10:41
A main guideline when making a game would be never use anything you took from another game.
Only use stuff which you got a license for.

holy13
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "A main guideline when making a game would be never use anything you took from another game.
Only use stuff which you got a license for.
"

Yes, that is why I took it out.

MONSTER MARK
Years of Service
User Offline
@holy13. u need to put some lights(static) in the level or else the player would be wondering , "where to go?".
At first I used to set the same level of darkness.
Later I realized that one should make it brighter,as it "shows-off" some of the graphics at least.

Judgment Day Can Wait !!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:49