Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / My first DarkGDK game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've made my first game with c++ n' DarkGDK.

Download it at http://wikisend.com/download/438600/FallNow.zip

What do you think?
I would love some feedback. And post your highscores!

Here's the source, it's only one script and probably ugly written, but hey, it's my first!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Not bad. Best score 90, found it difficult. The collision is a little ropey as well, you might want to adjust it a little. You can fall past the platform but flip onto it even though you are below, easy to fix I would imagine. Sometimes saves your life, but sometimes kills you
Few more sound effects and such, like when you collect the bonus balls for instance. A little tweaking on the difficulty, and you have a good little game there.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
DBAlex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 00:31
Hey!

Pretty cool game for your first! I got 104.

Maybe improve the gfx a little, how about some nice scrolling backgrounds, some nice tile graphics for the platfoms. Also, how about a button to allow the player to fall through a platform?

Just some ideas. Keep up the good work!

Learning DarkGDK for phun.

AMD X2 7750, 2GB, 250GB HD, Nvidia 9600GT, XP SP3 & Ubuntu
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2010 00:35
pretty nice for first game man.

Go through yourself at a wall.
Linuus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments, I'll try to approve it on some of the things you suggested.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
I really like this game, the difficulty is nice, but I think the controls could use some refinement because it goes from being easy to REALLY hard as soon as it starts going fast, your characters speed should increase i think as the level speed increases because eventually there will come a point when the speed of the level is way higher than you can move and it becomes impossible.
Linuus
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I'll consider that too.

Oh and I wrote "approve" in my last post, It should have been "improve", of course. I guess I was tired when eriting taht <.<
TeenCHristian
Years of Service
User Offline
Its a cool little game. Great job for first game. My high score was 45 I'm not that good. Any I would improve the graphics alittle. I don't know if this would be a nice idea but... you could allow the player to make the sprite go faster by pushing the space bar. Basically you would have the controls you have now, and just add something that increases the movement when you push space bar.

Anyway, nice game keep up the good work!

Learning C++
Proud member of www.codecall.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-02 09:28:32
Your offset time is: 2024-07-02 09:28:32