Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Scale and Dark Physics HELP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2010 21:49
My project is using Dark GDK and DP, the map was built using 3D World Studio, so here is my question, I had to scale all my models up to match the scale within the world map.

So my controller is about 60 Dark GDK units high, so here is the crux of the question, due to the height of the models... I am struggling getitng the gravity setting working... basically it takes a long time for an object to fall to the ground...

So what is a normal Dark GDK human height that should be my base mark... Example... 1 unit = 1 foot... so if my model needs to be 60 units to be in scale shout the gravity setting be -9.8 x 10??? so -98?

Or would it make more sense to scale down my 3DWS map????

I know this is a mixed question but the DP gravity seems to be causing most of the problems....
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 00:05
physx works best if everthing is under 1 unit, so if the 3dws map is made to about 10 then everthing else made to fit.

just try somethings like boxes and spheres and make one demo where there very big then do it again when there small you should see a big diffrence.

hope this helps.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 22:19
Sorry, you are saying that for DP to work affectively any object that is impacted by DP it should be under one Dark GDK unit? so instead of 60units, I should aim for say .6 and make the maps to scale within that??

Makes sense if I understand what you are saying...
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2010 23:24
turns out that phyxs work best when the objects are small,
I once tried to make an old arcade game where a bar pushed an prize object off a slow moving disc if you got the timing right, started off with a 10 unit disc with 5 unit boxes.

None of it would work right until I made them really small, if I remember right the boxes sit on the disc would not go around with it they just sat there.

Has something to the time phyxs has to work everything out per loop.

hope this helps

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 23:16
thanks that really helps and explains lots of my problems with dp.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:26:32