Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Assistance needed for a quick 2d platformer!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2010 02:22
Hey guys,
I am looking for someone to help me and give me some basic structure to a 2d platformer, I am doing it for a project for school and don't have time to learn all of dbpro in time to make it. I just need to make a simple single level Mario type game with enemies as well. I was thinking of using sparky's collisionh?
I have searched through a tonne of threads about relevant stuff but none of it has been any help.

If someone is willing to help with the basics, I think I might be able to handle the rest.
It would be greatly appreciated!

Bow Chika Bow Wow
Oboro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2010 17:22

Since I'm new I might not be the best to help but I hope I can offer a bit of advice, Start with something text based. I know this is a drag but if you're anything like me you set out to accomplish something particular and ignore the proper steps to get said results... This is not an insult so please don't take it that way; But I don't see the benefit of other people handing you code so you can get the grade on your school project. I would instead point you to Zotoaster's Tutorial thread stickywhich is at the top page of DBPro Newcomers page. It's full of gold and will point you in the direction of all you need (besides experience)to accomplish your goal eventually. Best of Luck with your platformer, but keep in mind that there's nothing quick about making a game as a novice!
~Cheers

Space for rent.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:25:03