Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Undefined parser error?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2010 20:29

Okie down to business, What the hell did I do?
I was making an experiment trying to make the press any key image I had blink (still can't figure it out apparently hide/show image is not a function in DBPro only DBC?)without having to load it every time I had to delete it just an experiment, right? well first heres the error it gives me when I try to compile:
Quote: "Compiling project...
UNDEFINED PARSER ERROR
Compilation Failed (Syntax Errors)"

now I've gotten this message before on something completely unrelated, I already had a test compile running(like an idiot).

Next for the code:

I know its not indented or anything but it's the file I use to test code so it's kind of unorganized.

Does anyone know what this error is pointed at? I can't figure it out, In this case I DON'T have two test compiles up like last time... I guess for now I'll just walk away and breathe for a while lol.
~Cheers

Space for rent.
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 00:45
hmm it compiles fine for me.

I have had a few problems however trying to compile using the newest editor thingy, like i press F4 and it will fail to compile, but then i'll do it a few more times and it will work fine.

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD
GeeBee
Years of Service
User Offline
Everytime I've met this message, it was because I had not cleared a previous error dialogue box, or an instance of the compiled program was already runnning.

Normally the "offender" was hiding behind another window (probably the editor window), which now had the focus due to my fuddle-fingers....

Might be the same for you? (the problem, not the fingers....)
madmaz
Years of Service
User Offline
The best way i found to do a "Press any key to continue" image work was by making it into a sprite and then inc or dec the alpha

This is how i would do it
this code works if your sprite is number 1.

Programing is not as easy as it seems at first... the learning is never really over...
Oboro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2010 18:01 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2010 18:06
Lol thank you so much for your responses, I've had to walk away from this for a few days, Computer restarted, Crappy lil' project saved, and eyes refreshed. It's still giving me the Parser error, I guess I'll just have to start a new file? I don't know how to fix this anyone else have any clue?

[EDIT] Okay so I started a new file and the compile worked I don't know why but I won't argue...

Space for rent.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:31:58