Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] Edge of Time Redux (Wolfblade1989) Yeah!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 08:23 Edited at: 13th Mar 2013 07:14
X9 is no longer needed since have better laptop. Lock this one.

Looking into deeper dimensions shall enlighten the individual.
CocaCola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 09:07
It looks ok, though I recommend more entities in the rooms, or some... I can see some rooms without any entites at all, and i'm not a big fan of stock fpsc lava or water or anything but that might just be me. I think with the obvious model packs you have you could do much better.
But thats my oppinion.
Other than that your post was hard for me to read with the [x9] and [x10]s I didn't really follow.
And isn't there a 2 pic limit for these things?

I want coke, not Pepsi!
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 09:21
Hi, your game is looking action packed and it's always nice to see less common themes emerging on the boards.

From your screenshots, the lava would certainly have an orange glow to it, but compared to the fire in the distance it looks more "luke-warm" and less flesh meltingly hot.

Slap some orange lights above those lava pools and that should be a quick way of lightening the surface and the surrounding area.

I'm going to take a guess that your setting is some form of ancient temple ? If this is the case it might be fun to think of ways of adding some height to the levels. Your rooms appear to be one grid space high all along, adding an additional level of height will enable you to add some interesting architectural features or artefacts for the player to view while they battle the corridors.

Keep it going though.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 13:15
This brings back wonderful memories of Doom and Heretic

Wolfblade1989
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 16:50
Thanks for the suggestions. I will update my first post soon. After all I have to keep this post from being locked. Lol

Patience is a virtue. Follow by it!
Wolfblade1989
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2010 20:48
Finally! The moment you have all been waiting for! May I present [x9] Edge of Time level 1 demo![href]http://www.easy-share.com/1911911258/[x9] Edge of Time level 1 demo.rar[/href] The rules and advice are the same as the [x10] version. In addition, you will start off with a saw. Watch out though, the enemies are not all adrenaline as this is only the tutorial. Instead, there are a quantity of them, and of course the tutorial has a boss fight with 300 health! Have fun with this one. Thanks.

Patience is a virtue. Follow by it!
Wolfblade1989
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2010 02:08
Sadly, I am going to have to only release 3 levels of the Edge of Time [x9] project. After my third level an error started to appear that said 'Subscript out of bounds' Then this appeared. 'Either you are building too many levels, or your level is too large. However, my levels were few, and they were all maybe half the board, or less in size! I will release all three levels soon.

A classic will always be popular. No matter how old it gets.
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2010 04:19
You thought you were so cool you had to put your username in the title lol

For an FPSC multiplayer game, it's not bad. But I would follow what the others are saying and use less stock media.

Nbt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2010 04:42
Quote: "For an FPSC multiplayer game, it's not bad. But I would follow what the others are saying and use less stock media. "

Huh?? I'm staring at the screenshots and having a hard time finding that much stock media ?? and to be honest there is nothing wrong with stock media (in my honest opinion) anyway.

Wolfblade1989
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2010 07:49
Hey this I just created is not stock media. Here it is a grand table mesh. I am not sure if the scaling is off or not.[href]http://www.easy-share.com/1911927955/Grand Table.x[/href]
Post your opinions please. I used the simplest texture mapping method. (Blender and UV mapping)

A classic will always be popular. No matter how old it gets.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:35:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:35:19