Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I'm not use to Dark Basic, but How do you make a bullet fire or shoot?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't find this anywhere but how do you create a bullet and shoot it? I lost my tutorial paper and can't remember where I found the command.
Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 00:30
Check out some tutorial inside the DB/DBP folder, like in DBP look for the hover craft game

My game will make sure Final Fantasy will never be forgotten.
Remember me because my game will be in the shops in a year or 2.
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 00:45
there is no command per-say there makes a bullet and fire it. you have to program your own routines to handle it. you could make a model, or use a primitive if your doing 3d, or just a image or a sprite if your working in 2d. you have to decide if you just want a single bullet or several bullets, you can store all of the bullets info(location, distance, or time) in a type, I find that types help alot in multifire bullets.

CTP
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 02:27
Hey CloseToPerfect - 150K for an Avatar is a bit excessive! I'm on BB but it could slow down the loading of threads for some people!

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:13:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:13:32