Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / wordwrap...how?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i am VERY NEW to programming and i am wanting to make a program that will count up forever or at least for a long time....
i have a few problems... how do you get it to just count up infinitely, i can get it to count but the way i did it it doesnt just keep going, also how do you get the words to go across the screen and not just down, how do you get it to go to the next line once it reaches the edge of the screen, and lastly how do you get it to cls and start back at the top left when it reaches the bottom right?

thank you for you patients and help it is appreciated

any tips (i just started with this program)
highschool gamedude
Years of Service
User Offline
sadly after i have tried this for a long time i posted that message and a few minutes later i figured out the infinite count part still need help with the rest though

highschool gamedude
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i figured a bit more out after messing with it for a long time but as i said i am very new to programming so prolly dont know a lot of the shortcuts that coulda been used also the thing where it refreshes the page and keeps going doesnt quite work yet as the way i did it it does 600 numbers and then refreshes but the numbers get bigger taking up more space and going off the page again so but i am going to include the coding i have... i also added a thing where if you click or press a button it will cls and start over

so if you have any ideas how i could have done it easier or also please explain how to make the refresh thing better because i think that the little bit i know of programming is fun and i want to learn a lot more
(i just started learning some coding about a week ago so that is what i meant by VERY NEW)

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 13:11
you seem to have understood the basics pretty well!
i've made some changes to your code so that it does what you want

if you think this is fun, just wait until you start making games!
anymore questions just ask, ReD_eYe

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 13:58 Edited at: 28th Sep 2003 14:02
Red_eye, your code had a few faults so I corrected it and added some of my own comments (sure you don't mind). It didn't start from the beginning when you clicked, I re-arranged the code, because when you clicked it didn't reset the num$ variable and you got a higher number printed at the beginning. I also compressed the two 'if' statements into one since they do the same thing.

Brains are for idiots.

Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 16:09
cool thanks, i forgot to change the click stuff cos i was having so much fun watchhing the numbers fill the screen

highschool gamedude
Years of Service
User Offline
wow thanx im gonna start messing with it again since i just got back from church and thanx again for the help everyone on here seems pretty nice

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:05:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:05:19