Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with putting my game in a zip folder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 00:41
Hi all,

So, I think I've finished a game worthy of the Program Announcement page. I'm trying to put it in a zip file.

When I moved the exe and media from my project folder to the zip file, it took the media out of the folders I had them in and placed them right next to the exe.

I realize that's what is meant to happen, but what happens when my program looks for the media in a line like this:

When the game is uncompressed on another computer, the sound can no longer be found under the "sounds" folder.

thanks for the help

Coding is just better with music
God Bless!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 03:24 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2010 03:26
Why don't you just right click your entire project folder(current project not db projects lol) and add to zip or archive? That should preserve your archive into the same structure.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 04:50
hmm, interesting. So, wouldn't I still have the same problem. But I'll give it a try when I get to my computer. thanks!

yrotate when you can spin?
God Bless!
Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2010 05:48
DVader, Well, it turns out my problem was in extracting the files when I tested it on my computer.

your suggestion really helped me get on right track, so thanks a bunch!!!

yrotate when you can spin?
God Bless!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 20:28:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 20:28:31